Hunter Biden Shocks By Filing A Surprise Lawsuit Concerning The Infamous 2020 Laptop, Dubbed The ‘Laptop From Hell’.
Hunter Biden’s Lawsuit
- Hunter Biden sues former Trump aide, Garrett Ziegler, over alleged illegal access and dissemination of personal emails, photos, videos, and recordings.
- The lawsuit seeks both a jury trial for damages and an injunction to prevent further tampering by Ziegler.
- Ziegler violated state computer fraud laws by tampering with data from Biden’s laptop, which was previously left at a Delaware repair shop.
Laptop Authenticity & Dissemination
- The laptop, initially questioned and labeled as Russian disinformation, was later confirmed authentic by media outlets like the Washington Examiner, Washington Post, and New York Times.
- Ziegler, along with 10 unnamed co-defendants, allegedly spread the vast amount of content from Biden’s laptop online.
Broader Context & Related Incidents
- Earlier, Hunter Biden sued John Paul Mac Isaac, a computer repair shop owner, claiming the latter unlawfully distributed private information.
- Following this lawsuit, the House Speaker, Kevin McCarthy, announced an impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden regarding family business activities.
- In another incident, a potential plea deal between Hunter Biden and the Justice Department over tax evasion allegations collapsed. Biden denies failing to pay taxes on over $1.5 million of 2017-2018 income, despite reportedly owing more than $100,000 and a potential gun charge looming.