Doubts about 80-year-old Biden’s mental fitness have risen among Democrats, with a shocking percentage of Democrats considering him too old, as Trump leads in multiple head-to-head polls.
Concerns Over Biden’s Mental Fitness Growing Among Democrats
- A recent Harvard/Harris poll conducted from September 12-14, 2023, reveals that concerns regarding President Biden’s mental acuity are rising, even among his own party.
- 58% of Democrats still believe Biden is fit for office, a noteworthy 42% think he is too old to serve as President.
- In comparison to a July survey, there has been a 7% increase in Democrats expressing doubts about Biden’s mental state. Across political lines, a striking 90% of Republicans and 75% of independents concur that Biden is too old for the role.
- A total of 2,103 registered voters participated in the poll. Of these, 69% felt that Biden is showing signs of age affecting his capacity to lead, while only 31% thought otherwise.
Trump Outperforms Biden in Head-to-Head Poll
- The same Harvard/Harris survey indicated that if elections were held today, former President Donald Trump would defeat Biden by a margin of four percentage points.
Trump Disagrees with Age-Related Criticism
- Despite the mounting concerns, Donald Trump does not attribute Biden’s perceived shortcomings to his age.
- In an interview with Megyn Kelly, Trump claimed that age isn’t a definitive factor for competence.
- Trump cited Winston Churchill and other leaders who were effective even in their 80s, arguing that Biden’s challenges stem from incompetence rather than age.