By Tech. Sgt. Mike R. Smith, National Guard Bureau (RELEASED) - [1], via this page. This photo is specifically marked as a US National Guard Photo, and NOT a Hendrick Motorsports photo, thus making it a public domain photo and not a copyrighted one., Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=3637303

Dale Earnhardt Jr is set to finally return to racing at Richmond Speedway 20 years to the day after the 9/11 attacks on America.

Earnhardt will also be driving a special car that pays tribute to the heroes of that dark day in American history.

As Fox News reports:

The semi-retired driver will take part in the Xfinity Series race at Richmond Speedway 20 years to the day of the 9/11 attacks in a car that pays tribute to those lost and the heroes of the day, along with the frontline workers helping with the coronavirus crisis today.

Earnhardt’s JR Motorsports Chevrolet will wear a paint scheme inspired by the Tribute in Light that shines as a memorial every year on 9/11 at Ground Zero.

It features “Never Forget 9/11” and the logo of his longtime sponsor Unilever’s United for America program, which provides support to frontline aid organizations.
“We all remember what we were feeling in the aftermath of that day. How we as a nation rallied around each other and the phrase ‘United we Stand’ was more than just a slogan,” Earnhardt said in a video unveiling the car.

ibaconi
ibaconi
1 month ago

NASCAR flushed the toilet on my interest when they flushed the toilet on personal freedom in America. Taking a knee, supporting Marxism (BLM), banning the Rebel Flag… No thanks.

Bill
Bill
1 month ago
Reply to  ibaconi

I’m right there with you as jr was the one that decided it was okay to kneel during the National Anthem which was one of the top reasons I was turned off, then they banned the confederate flag to appease the woke crowd. I’ll never support it again nor really care to watch it after Richard Petty allowed the blm car on his watch. Let them enjoy their dying woke sport!

James
James
1 month ago
Reply to  Bill

Jr. is a liberal at heart and there a lot more in nascar. Those kind of people are the reason bubba Wallace used “race” to try and better his standing in an occupation that is as fair as it can possibly be. I think he might have learned that talent is more important than color if you want to advance in this sport.

clinton smith
clinton smith
1 month ago
Reply to  ibaconi

I”m the same no more nascar crap on my tv !

Dan Tyree
Dan Tyree
1 month ago
Reply to  ibaconi

I am with you. And bubba Wallace’s mother lied and reported that her son was being constantly called ni—er by the other drivers. And nascar didn’t have the balls to call him or his mammy out. If that were true many team owners would have been looking for new drivers

Nate Paris
Nate Paris
1 month ago
Reply to  Dan Tyree

That was a “LOAD OF SH_T” when I first heard “THE WORDS”!

Nate Paris
Nate Paris
1 month ago
Reply to  ibaconi

Sorry I missed that happening in NASCAR, but I had seen it readily available in Basketball, Football, Soccer, Baseball and other sports where ‘Men in Tights’ were worn!!!

BrewDubbs
BrewDubbs
1 month ago

I loved NFL football…I doubt I will ever watch another game. I loved NASCAR…I doubt I will ever watch another race.

Politics has no place in sports. Good for Dale Junior. But, sadly, many of the people who would support him with this will not be watching….

Nate Paris
Nate Paris
1 month ago
Reply to  BrewDubbs

People make mistakes! People live in SIN! We all need to recognize the actions of Our wrongs and ask for FORGIVENESS! Even ME!

Dan the Man
Dan the Man
1 month ago

A lot of us will appreciate the gesture but it won’t be bringing us back to watch NASCAR due to their ‘RACIST and ACQUIENCING/FAWNING’ of the extreme leftist BLM… I will admit that JR has a huge following despite the fact that he is not quite 1/8th the driver is Dad was. I suspect that people follow JR out of respect for his dad but I WILL SALUTE Dale JR for his efforts on this.
Most of us will continue to BOYCOTT the circuits until such a time that things change drastically sadly….. Sad thing is that Biden and his cronies would like to see Motor Racing of any type go away as part of the green deal to allegedly savie the planet by getting rid of ALL fossil fuels which includes petrol for racing