Julian Herzog via Wikimedia Commons

Delta Airlines is now reportedly planning on taking drastic action against their unvaccinated employees, forcing them to pay an additional $200 per month toward their health insurance premiums.

As CNBC reports:

Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian notified employees Wednesday that they will face $200 monthly increases on their health insurance premiums starting Nov. 1 if they aren’t vaccinated against Covid-19, citing steep costs to cover employees who are hospitalized with the virus…

The measures are the latest attempt by a U.S. corporation to drive up Covid vaccination rates. Delta stopped short of an outright mandate like rival United Airlines established earlier this month. The airline, which self insures its employees, stands out in its plans to raise premiums for unvaccinated workers to cover the higher costs of insuring employees who get Covid.

Delta is self-insured and United Healthcare administers the airline’s health insurance plans. The change in approach was Delta’s initiative.

Delta also said starting Sept. 30, “in compliance with state and local laws, COVID pay protection will only be provided to fully vaccinated individuals who are experiencing a breakthrough infection.” Unvaccinated employees who contract Covid, without exemptions, will have to use their sick days after that.

In addition to the hiked premium, employees choosing to not receive the vaccine will also be forced to undergo weekly Covid tests and mandatory indoor masking.

Doug
Doug
1 year ago

ALL Delta employees should start looking for another job and ‘screw’ this communistic domineering company !!!

vladimir
vladimir
Reply to  Doug

There are enough globalist puppet, libby snow flake vaccinated sheep that will run to fill those positions .

Dan Moylan
Dan Moylan
Reply to  vladimir

maybe but already Huston Methodist Hospital is hurting badly for help since they let 150 staff members go who didn’t want to take the gene therapy “vaccine” They reap what they sow

Barbara
Barbara
Reply to  Dan Moylan

The worst part is this was our favorite Houston hospital. My husband had his heart surgery there in January and we were so pleased with his care. We were looking forward to him getting his knee surgery there soon. Now we wonder if he can even go there because he is unvaxxed. We both had COVID back in the beginning and see no reason for being vaccinated but natural immunity doesn’t seem to be accounting for much these days, since many of the Houston Methodist staff members had the virus.

Dan Moylan
Dan Moylan
Reply to  Barbara

I understand Barb but there is nothing in this world that would make me take this poison in to my body, based on all the info I have heard about this poison that is being sensored by media, medical etc.. Your beating covid gives you much better God given immunity than this crap big pharma can come up with, I would hope and pray that you guys could find another good surgeon for the knee surgery. As my father always said, if you don’t have your health you don’t have anything

Madeleine
Madeleine
Reply to  Dan Moylan

Thats why I suggest Nurses advertise private at home nursing , They can charge direct for visiting. Or go into caring jobs.

P W
P W
Reply to  Doug

I disagree, at least Delta is making a financial decision here rather than one of their woke arguments, I consider that progress from these people. Unvaccinated should pay more for insurance if Delta wants to handle it that way, just as long as they do it the opposite way when they come up with some defect in the vaccine that is causing everyone that took it to get cancer or something. I have no problem with financial decisions being made but there are consequences to those actions too which I am sure Delta management has not even considered.

I got vaccinated, everyone should if they can and they want to, if they don’t want to get vaccinated I do not hold anything against them and no one should. People don’t get upset if everyone is not vaccinated for the flu every year, people die from the flu. Covid is going to be around a long, long time and every year people will be taking a Covid booster I am fearing. We didn’t ask for the Chinese to create a monster virus (well maybe Fauci did) but we have to do what we can now to mitigate it. I would mass produce the therapeutics and have them everywhere, pharmacies, grocery store pharmacies, urgent care, etc. those will save lives, the “vaccines” will only make the infection less severe. Saving lives with as little intrusion into peoples’ lives the better.

Jim B
Jim B
Reply to  P W

Israel is one of the most injected (so called Covid vaccine) countries in the world. Covid is surging there. And the data is coming out that the injected are getting illnesses at a much higher rate and more serious than those who were not injected. So then Delta and other corporations should be sued into oblivion if one of their employees dies (about 13k), is permanently disabled (over 16k) , or has other health issues due to the injection. What will that do to their insurance rates? Bite them in the rear big time.

Barbara
Barbara
Reply to  Doug

People definitely need to hit these idiots where it hurts – in the pocketbooks. In spite of the fact that the news media is claiming hospitals can’t keep up with the influx of COVID patients, the reality is hospitals are understaffed right now because doctors and nurses are quitting due to the insistence they be vaccinated even though many have had COVID – which I might add they caught while trying to save patients during the worst of the pandemic. I’d like to see all the colleges that insist on student’s receiving the jab to attend on–campus classes lose at least 3/4 of their enrollment. I used to say there are other colleges but it looks like they’re all playing the same game, but there are a lot of online universities these days. My husband and I are both on Medicare. We have had the virus and will not be getting the gene therapy posing as a vaccine. I’m waiting to be told we have to pay more for Medicare for being unvaxxed.

David Baker
David Baker
Reply to  Doug

Delta pilots are pretty good sticks. Their cabin crews are also top notch. This is a rather tongue-in-cheek ploy to not only get free advertising, but also to suggest to the flying pubic that this carrier will not subject passengers to ‘diseased’ crew members. One thing’s for sure: Once liberals commence one of these clamoring canards, they don’t go half way on their efforts to milk them.

Dan Schwartz
Dan Schwartz
1 year ago

Then what about smoking, alcohol & drug abuse, gluttony, etc.?

julia
julia
Reply to  Dan Schwartz

RIGHT ON!! What about those devices? Felt needs to be BOYCOTTED NOW!!!!

vladimir
vladimir
Reply to  Dan Schwartz

What about those child molesting globalist puppet, biden crime family . . . .

VALKYRIE
VALKYRIE
1 year ago

Ah, ain’t freedom wonderful? Cannot wait to see what’s coming under this antiAmerican administration. I guess that as long as we remain obedient sheep, everything will be hunky-dory. How do you spell “Achtune mien Fuerer?”

Jawad
Jawad
Reply to  VALKYRIE

‘Achtung mein Fuehrer!’ Sieg heil!