Nicolas Raymond via Flickr

An aide for the House of Representatives was arrested on Thursday for allegedly carrying a firearm inside the halls of Congress.

As The Washington Examiner reports:

“This morning at approximately 7:40 a.m., our officers in the Longworth Building spotted the image of a handgun in a bag on the x-ray screen,” said the Capitol Police in a statement . “The man was tracked down four minutes later and arrested.”

The alleged owner of the bag and firearm was identified as Jeffrey Allbrooks, who works with the House Chief Administrative Office. Allbrooks told Capitol Police he forgot the firearm was in there.

Allbrooks is being charged with carrying a pistol without a license.

U.S. Capitol Police sent out an email Thursday morning stating that there was a “security threat” inside of Longworth, asking staff to take necessary precautions.

This story is developing…

Susan Doten
Susan Doten

Betting dimwit nitwit.

PatrioTEA
PatrioTEA
Reply to  Susan Doten

You mean “Demwit.”

Jennifer Wallis
Jennifer Wallis
Reply to  PatrioTEA

I heard about and I’ve made such great money. It’s really user friendly and I’m just so happy that I found out about it. The potential with this is endless.
Here’s what I do…  𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝟎𝟏.𝐓𝐤

Kenn Talbot
Kenn Talbot

Outstanding security. A concealed hand-gun is detected and they “Track Down” the person in 4 minutes. Doesn’t security hang out by the x-ray? Today’s question is; with a full magazine and a spare, how many lethal rounds can be fired in four minutes? Maybe this security gang can protect Pilosi.

jay bee
jay bee
Reply to  Kenn Talbot

Possibly the “security” formed a committee and after four minutes, and each giving their opinions, they decided to check and be sure what they thought they saw was actually what they saw. Ain’t efficiency great?

Rick
Rick
Reply to  Kenn Talbot

answer for todays Question,…. in my pistol and the four mags it has,…. I can get all 61 rounds downrange in less than two minutes,…. and about 55-60 on Target,…. and about todays news?,…. if the guy was going through security,…. he should have been at the other end of the checkpoint and it should NOT take four minutes to find and arrest him including Miranda Warnings, Being as he was a demonRAT,….they probably had to ask Nancy, Joe and Chuck for permission,

Rick
Rick
Reply to  Rick

as a sidenote, I was rejected entry to that building for having my pocket Knife/Hoof-pick in my pocketload,…. I carry it always and so never thought twice about it,…. But to hear the questions asked you would think they never heard of a man carrying a pocket knife, as for the hoof-pick they had not one clue between them what it was,…. Even with my resistol hat, blue jeans and Riding Boots they looked at me funny,…. and the guy in the Turban and badge was just confused as all heck

vinnie
vinnie

Was the gun loaded? Or didn’t they check?

jay bee