Gage Skidmore from Surprise, AZ, United States of America via Wikimedia Commons

Richard Grenell, former ambassador to Germany and DNI head under President Tump, made a shocking insinuation during an impassioned speech at CPAC 2021 on Friday evening, hinting that he may be ready to replace Gavin Newsom as the Governor of California.

The news comes as Newsom continues to come under fire from all corners for his disastrous handling of the Coronavirus crisis, which has engendered many residents to begin a petition to have him recalled as California’s governor.

As The Hill reports:

“If you want the best case possible for a recall campaign, take a look at my home state of California. California used to be Reagan country, the shining example of business innovation and middle-class success. But now when you think of California, you think of out-of-control wildfires, of rolling blackouts, of schools still closed, of shuttered business, of bans on fracking, and on wealthy people jumping the vaccine line,” he told a raucous crowd.

“In my three decades in American politics I have never seen a better case for a recall than there is right now in California,” he added. “And of course, if a public official is still failing to deliver on their promises, and if you can’t limit their term or recall them in time, there’s always one other option: You can run against them yourself.”

Mercedes Schlapp, another former White House official, praised Grenell after his speech, saying on stage, “I don’t know, I think he’d make a great governor of California.”

The remarks come amid reports that Grenell is exploring a bid for governor if the effort to recall Newsom moves forward.

Betty Jennings
Betty Jennings

My vote is for Richard Grenell to be the next Governor of California. He is brilliant, has tons of experience and would be an outstanding Governor replacing Gavin Newsom who putting it bluntly just doesn’t know what he’s doing or how to change all his failures. Definitely the selection of Rick Grenell would be wonderful & totally awesome for the state of California.

maria
maria
Reply to  Betty Jennings

Agree. Mr Grenell is much much beetter than Newscum

Eugene Ross
Eugene Ross
Reply to  maria

a dead rat is better than newsom

Mikey
Mikey
Reply to  Eugene Ross

Hey! Don’t insult dead rats like that.

Tammy
Tammy

If I lived in California, I would vote for Ric Grenell. He is so intelligent, a people person & a conservative!! Exactly what that state needs!!

P W
P W

I wonder if the Republican Party can handle having Ric Grenell, an openly gay man as a voice for the party??? I sure hope so because he is smart as can be, he believes in what is right with regard to our government and laws and the Constitution, and frankly who gives a damn about how someone wants to pursue happiness as long as they are not hurting anyone! I personally do not care and am happy to have a broad party of folks that believe in what is important. The Republican party is supposed to be the party that believes in freedom and the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence embodies all of that more than many of the RINO’s in the party. I would support Ric Grenell over a Mitt Romney every day of the week.

Sandra Kirk
Sandra Kirk
Reply to  P W

I don’t see why anyone would not vote for Ric. I don’t care about his sex life. None of our business!! He is a very fine person and I think he should run for Governor. He would make a great governor!!

Nan
Nan
Reply to  P W

Stop with the ‘Republicans are anti-gay’ stuff–the left & their toady MSM have used that as a cudgel long enough–Grenell is welcomed by the Republican party–they embraced his no-nonsense approach to every situation–Trump even gifted him his Cabinet Chair which is a rarity; he would be a stellar candidate for Gov. in Kalifornia–but no matter what he decides, the Republican better hang onto him–he’s a fantastic asset in more ways than one.