The ultra-liberal mayor of Chicago, Lori Lightfoot has now unveiled a massive $411 million dollar plan to fight crime, but the details sound more like a far-left wish list than an actual crime to crack down on dangerous criminals.
As The Chicago Sun Times reports:
As those discussions continue, with no timetable set, the Lightfoot administration is planning to pump more than $400 million into its own community safety plan that targets 15 of the city’s most violent community areas.
The plan, “Our City, Our Safety,” was unveiled more than a year ago and has produced few results so far, according to crime data kept by the Sun-Times that shows many of those communities have gotten more dangerous.
The mayor told the newspaper she is hoping the unprecedented level of spending over the next two years will eventually narrow the “safety gap” by concentrating on violence prevention, street outreach, affordable housing, job training, health and wellness, and community development.
As The Daily Wire notes the plan includes the following big ticket expenditures:
- $85 million on violence intervention, including victim services, street outreach and other violence reduction programs
- $62 million for affordable housing and homeless programs
- $80 million for assistance to families and youth jobs
- $40 million for health and wellness programs
- $114.6 million for community development and parks
- $30 million for small business
The plan will reportedly take aim at the cities 15 most violent areas.