Photo by Gage Skidmore

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis unveiled a groundbreaking new bill, the Stop W.O.K.E. Act,  on Wednesday in Florida during a speech in which he blasted the spread of the far-left critical race theory.

As The Daily Wire reports:

In a powerful indictment of Critical Race Theory (CRT) ideology being foisted on public schools and corporations across the nation on Wednesday, Florida GOP Governor Ron DeSantis introduced the Stop W.O.K.E Act, stating, “No taxpayer dollars should be used to teach our kids to hate our country or to hate each other.” DeSantis explained that the proposed legislation would give “parents a private right of action to be able to enforce the prohibition on CRT and they get to recover attorneys’ fees,” adding, “A lot of times, these people will fear lawsuits more than a fine from the state Department of Education because when you do a lawsuit, you get discovery.”

He also announced that the proposed legislation would “defund any money for K-12 or higher ed going to CRT consultants.”

DeSantis began by asserting, “I think it’s important to say, what are we doing positively in terms of what we want to be in our schools. I think we’ve done more than any other state to place a renewed emphasis on American civics and teaching kids about the Constitution and what it means to be an American. And we’ve been able to get requirements back into the high schools, which is very important; we have the ability and we’ll be doing exams when people leave school, which will be like a citizenship exam that naturalized citizens have to take because at the end of the day, everybody that comes through our school system, some of them will go into a variety of different fields but everyone’s going to be an American citizen, and they’re going to have duties and responsibilities. And they need to understand what that means and they need to understand the principles that our country was founded upon.”

“I think what you see now with the rise of this woke ideology is an attempt to really delegitimize our history and to delegitimize our institutions,” he declared. “I view the wokeness as a form of cultural Marxism. … They really want to tear at the fabric of our society and our culture and things that we’ve taken for granted, like the ability of parents to direct the upbringing of their kids. So this is really, really significant, and when you see these things throughout the country, where they take down a Thomas Jefferson statue in New York City or they take down Abraham Lincoln in Massachusetts or they take George Washington’s name off schools in California, that is an attempt to erase history. They want to delegitimize the founding of the country and the institutions and they basically want to replace it with a very militant form of leftism that would absolutely destroy this country if that ever took hold.”

DeSantis concluded with the claim that the bill would be cutting off any money in the state’s education system that was previously going to pay CRT consultants.

John Kociuba
John Kociuba

Honorable Florida Governor Ron Desantis leads the way.

Ella Field
Ella Field
Reply to  John Kociuba

I heard about and I’ve made such great money. It’s really user friendly and I’m just so happy that I found out about it. The potential with this is endless.
Here’s what I do… 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝟎𝟏.𝐓𝐤

raylaser
raylaser

Good for him and good for Florida’s children and their education and mindset!

TW M
TW M

At this moment, DeSantis seems to be Trump without the divisive rhetoric.

Richard Proctor
Richard Proctor
Reply to  TW M

He still isn’t Trump. I am 72 years old and as far I am concerned, Trump is the best President I have seen in my lifetime-by far. And, if he runs i will vote for him, as the vast majority of his supporters will do. If you cant stand a little rhetoric, youre a little soft. This country needs aggressive leadership to combat the current communist/marxist regime that has become so ingrained into the very fabric of our government.

Notalib
Notalib

I like both these men. But if Trump runs he gets my vote. DeSantis is next in line. After Trump.

Old King Cole
Old King Cole

I believe that It’s not about being “soft” on rhetoric but rather about being realistic. If Trump runs again I certainly will vote for him. Unfortunately, however, while many people I know agree with Trump’s policies, they are totally turned off by his persona and will NOT vote for him simply for that reason. I always try to convince people that they need to vote for policies and not personalities, but too many others (including my wife and the majority of her friends) can not get beyond his sometimes abrasive and flippant style.

Conservatives absolutely MUST win the next election and IMHO, DeSantis would be the best choice if we are to avoid the personality issue that exists with Trump.

Taz69
Taz69
Reply to  Old King Cole

See my post above

L Scott
L Scott
Reply to  Old King Cole

That’s too bad for your wife and her friends because saving our country as we know it, the seriousness of how close our country is to being destroyed, issues are much more important than persona and abrasiveness.

Robert Glade
Robert Glade
Reply to  Old King Cole

a Judeo-Christian worldview and Conservative policies (both of which Trump has) is all you need as did Mike Pence until his be nice get along personality got and the way and he gave our country over to the left. We don’t nee a nice guy in the White House, we need a fighter.

Robert Glade
Robert Glade
Reply to  Robert Glade

Old King Cole: Ignore Taz69

Theodora
Theodora

Trump was a wonderful president, but for some reason he brought out the haters even in relatively normal people. I never understood it. DeSantis is better at communicating the reasoning behind decisions. The media will try to destroy any conservative candidate or president. Also, we will never have another honest election. They’ll use Covid again and cheat 100%. Nothing is being done to prevent this.

Right of Plumb
Right of Plumb

Right on Brother! About the same age. We both know what America was like growing up. In the twilight of my life, I will fight to my death for it if necessary.

Shelley
Shelley
Reply to  TW M

He’s a great governor, but I also support Trump. I had no issue with Trump’s rhetoric. He spoke the truth and apparently people are offended by people speaking the truth without sugar coating it. There is more to this though and I don’t think DeSantis has the financial resources to fight the fights the democrats will keep throwing at republicans and our country.
We also need great governors in state’s to help us in this fight. If we have a great president but all liberal or weak governors then it does nothing. Everything is taken to court or governors ignore the federal laws.
I’d like to see Trump in 2024 and then DeSantis in 2028.

Sandra
Sandra
Reply to  TW M

There would be no DeSantis without Trump

rich
rich
Reply to  TW M

that’s very true if trump could learn how to hold his remarks to himself he wouldn’t have so many against him just like when he bad mouthed colin powell when he died that right there cost him a lot of vote’s if he decides to run again

Howard Honaker
Howard Honaker
Reply to  rich

CP was a POS!

Wiggstwo136@optonline.net
Reply to  rich

It is the incessant tweeting that makes me crazy. I love Trump, voted for him both times but I do not think I can take another 4 years of the tweeting and repeating things over and over and over again. He was the president who loved our country the most!!! He did the most for all of us. Now I fear for my future.

Taz69
Taz69
Reply to  TW M

absolutely! U are so right. I pray Pres. Trump listens to Matt Gatez. Matt suggested that DJT be speaker of the House. I am well aware of Pes. Trump’s intense love of himself, his loyalty which only lasts as long as U are on the same side. I so honestly feel that as great as HE IS, that he is so loathed by the left idiots, that they will cheat AGAIN and we become 3rd world peasants. If Pres. Trump could see this clearly and for the GOOD of AMERICA. He could be the biggest draw for support for whoever the repubs vote for. My bet Desantos – Jordan -Abbott, jut a few to think about.

Wiggstwo136@optonline.net