Speaker Of The House Kevin McCarthy Pushes for Biden Impeachment Inquiry.
McCarthy’s Push for Impeachment Inquiry
- Speaker Kevin McCarthy is expected to endorse an impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden, asserting it’s “The logical next step for their investigation into the president and his failings.”
- In a private gathering at the Capitol, Reps. Jim Jordan and James Comer will present their research on the Biden family.
- Starting the inquiry signifies the beginning of the impeachment process and the collection of evidence for potential charges.
🚨NEW — Speaker Kevin McCarthy signals he wants the House to pursue an Impeachment Inquiry of Joe Biden:
"The logical next step for their investigation into the president and his failings."
McCarthy will meet with committee chairs on Thursday to lay out their latest findings… pic.twitter.com/NMsnBf4bOn
— Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11) September 12, 2023
White House Reaction and Allegations
- House Republicans haven’t found evidence that President Biden benefited from his son Hunter’s business engagements.
- The White House has firmly defended Biden, with spokesperson Ian Sams questioning the basis for an impeachment inquiry and labeling it a ploy for right-wing support.
Party Dynamics and Challenges Ahead
- It remains uncertain if McCarthy can secure the 218 House Republican votes needed for an impeachment inquiry, especially with some moderate GOP members expressing doubts.
- With the looming possibility of a government shutdown, McCarthy faces pressure to manage both internal party dynamics and legislative responsibilities.