Tune In Live To Witness The Second Day Of Trump’s Trial In New York
Trump’s Court Appearance
- Donald Trump is present at the Manhattan courthouse for day two of his fraud trial, responding to charges by New York Attorney General, Letitia James.
- Trump engages with reporters briefly, refuting Judge Arthur Engoron’s previous fraud ruling as erroneous and based on misleading data from James. He challenges Engoron to retract his decision, asserting innocence and the absence of fraud victims.
- Allegations of political prejudice by James against Trump surface, with Trump referencing James’ 2018 campaign statements.
Potential Repercussions for New York
- Critics express concern over the possibility of New York’s esteemed status as a corporate hub being jeopardized due to Engoron’s ruling, stating Trump misled banks and insurers.
- Engoron’s decision, a prelude to the trial, addressed a civil suit brought forth by Attorney General James, suggesting Trump inflated assets and exaggerated net worth.
Prosecution and Defense Arrivals
- Trump’s legal representatives, along with prosecution and defense attorneys, converge at the Manhattan courthouse for the trial’s second day.
- Media observes as legal teams make their entrance, with arguments slated to commence at 10 a.m. Eastern Time before Judge Engoron.
- Accusations against Attorney General James continue, with claims that she’s pursuing Trump for political gains, as evidenced by her 2018 campaign pledges.
- Trump also categorizes Engoron as a partisan “Democrat,” as the judge is a lifelong Democrat donor.
Watch Live Here:
LIVE – TRUMP TRIAL DAY 2: Donald Trump in court for civil fraud trial in New York https://t.co/4OlyD8ZQ1Q
— Reuters (@Reuters) October 3, 2023