Tucker Carlson has made it explicitly clear that he will not be running for president in 2024, as he conveyed in a letter to a political action committee (PAC) fundraising in his name. Mediaite obtained a copy of the cease-and-desist letter sent by Carlson’s lawyer, Harmeet Dhillon, to the Draft Tucker PAC. The letter instructed the PAC to immediately halt any fundraising activities associated with Carlson’s hypothetical presidential campaign.
The letter pointed out that the PAC was misleadingly soliciting contributions and donor contact information from the public under the false pretense of drafting Carlson for the 2024 presidential race. Dhillon emphasized that Carlson unequivocally had no intention of running for president and that the PAC’s misrepresentations were detrimental to Carlson and deceiving his supporters.
Harmeet Dhillon, the attorney representing Tucker Carlson, explicitly instructed the PAC to halt all fundraising activities associated with his potential presidential campaign.
The letter stated, “Mr. Carlson has become aware that you are soliciting contributions and collecting donor contact information from the public, falsely claiming that the funds will be utilized to draft Mr. Tucker for the 2024 Presidential election.”
Furthermore, the letter emphasized, “Mr. Carlson has categorically confirmed that he will not run for President in 2024 under any circumstances. As a result, your misrepresentations are not only damaging to Mr. Carlson but also defrauding his supporters.”
She added, “We will utilize every legal recourse available to us in order to protect Mr. Carlson’s rights and safeguard his supporters from these deceptive practices.”
Dhillon made it clear that unless the PAC immediately ceased its endeavors to solicit funds for the purpose of drafting Carlson, legal actions would be pursued vigorously.
According to Gateway Pundit:
The PAC got the message — ceasing all operations after receiving the letter, according to The Hill.
I wasn’t consulted for this article, but whatever, goal accomplished in short order, and sticks and stones and all that. Tucker will focus on what he does best, the rest is just noise. Draft Tucker PAC ceases activities after legal threat from Carlson https://t.co/qSgaLAIRAp
— Harmeet K. Dhillon (@pnjaban) May 23, 2023
Carlson has been mentioned as a potential Republican presidential candidate before, but the former Fox News host has demurred on the idea of running for office.
In an interview with Semafor’s Ben Smith last year, he said he’d never run for president.
“I don’t think that way,” Carlson said. “I don’t want power. I’ve never wanted power.
“I’m annoyed by things and I want them to change. But I’ve never been motivated by the desire to control people.”
Tucker Carlson’s explicit statement and the cease-and-desist letter from his lawyer, Harmeet Dhillon, make it abundantly clear that he has no intention of running for president in 2024. The letter addressed the misleading fundraising activities of the Draft Tucker PAC, emphasizing that Carlson unequivocally refuses to be a presidential candidate and that the PAC’s misrepresentations are damaging to both him and his supporters. With the PAC ceasing all operations upon receiving the legal threat, it is evident that Carlson’s focus remains on his expertise and not on pursuing political power. Carlson stated that he is motivated by a desire for change rather than the desire to control people.