Carol M. Highsmith via Wikimedia Commons

According to a disturbing new report the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) revealed to congressional investigators that it had repeatedly accessed data on the locations of US citizen’s cell phones in spite of not having obtained a warrant for such information.

The revelation is especially concerning in light of the Biden Administration’s apparent plans to target conservatives after the attack on the Capitol Building on January 6th.

As The Wall Street Journal reports:

The Defense Intelligence Agency told congressional investigators that the agency has access to “commercially available geolocation metadata aggregated from smartphones” from both the U.S. and abroad. It said it had queried its database to look at the location information of U.S.-based smartphones five times in the last 2½ years as part of authorized investigations.

Such data is typically drawn from smartphone apps such as weather, games and other apps that get user permission to access a phone’s GPS location. A robust commercial market exists for such data for advertising and other commercial purposes. The Wall Street Journal first revealed last year that numerous U.S. government agencies were also buying access to that data from commercial brokers without a warrant, raising questions about whether those agencies were adequately safeguarding the privacy and civil liberties of Americans.

The ability of U.S. intelligence agencies to access data on Americans for intelligence purposes is typically circumscribed. A warrant from the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court is required for most kinds of surveillance. However, the Defense Intelligence Agency told Congress that it didn’t believe it needed any sort of court authorization to acquire commercial data for foreign intelligence or national security purposes.

Does the possibility of having your constitutional rights violated by a federal government led by Joe Biden concern you? Let us know what you think in the comments below.

DONNA MARIE KELLEY
DONNA MARIE KELLEY

WHAT ELSE IS NEW? EVERYTHING BIDEN DOES IS ILLEGAL. HAPPY I DON’T HAVE A CELL PHONE. I’M JUST LOOKING FORWARD TO THE DAY WHEN THIS CRIME FAMILY OF THE BIDENS IS OVER AND THEY ARE BANISHED TO A CAMP WITH NO CLOTHES NO MONEY NO DRUGS JUST THEMSELVES TO CHEAT AND LIE ABOUT.

listoanglina
listoanglina

My buddy’s sister makes usd sixty one /hr at the pc . She has been with out paintings for six months but ultimate month her income became usd12945 just working at the laptop for a few hours. Hop over to this web-web page…xurl.es/30ube
please don’t copy”Ⓡ­” In Url Thanks

david gould
david gould

I agree

de52
de52

Military Intelligence? Isn’t that an oxymoron??

William J de Seve
William J de Seve
Reply to  de52

Why do you have a low opinion of the military? Maybe I just didn’t get the ironic wit. I served 14 yrs in the USN Communications Intelligence. I speak five languages. Do you?

thumper
thumper

Cmac
Cmac

I have heard that phrase used quite often by solders who did the actual “boots on the ground” work.

Gale
Gale
Reply to  Cmac

VERY TRUE, the officers are usually the dumbest

clayguy
clayguy
Reply to  Gale

And you know this, how?

West
West

Do you feel/know if the military of today admired and supported Trump for the support he gave them? Propaganda and many news media have painted to the public that Trump was not well received by the military and there certainly were military men in high positions that were outspoken. Unfortunately, many have been indoctrinated against America and the true values our country stands for, especially the truth.

MustangUSNO4
MustangUSNO4
Reply to  West

Military ranks supported Trump. Generals & admirals end up going political. very few survive being Patton/ Swartzkoff types.

MustangUSNO4
MustangUSNO4

Salute your service.

Gale
Gale

Well, so you can’t trust all parts of the Government.

Broccoli Free Zone
Broccoli Free Zone

I don’t believe anything personal was directed at you personally. It’s kind of like Down Escalator, jumbo shrimp, and pretty ugly. It was a poor attempt at humor. My dad was 21 years USN and did a lot of communications work during the big war, and I know it was one heck of a tough job for him. Thanks for serving.

R R
R R

It’s a joke that has been told many times over the years. Get over yourself. Kind of like: what’s the opposite of pro? Con? So what’s the opposite of Progress? Congress. See? A joke.

A-Jay
A-Jay
Reply to  de52

You seemingly know so little about serving in the military, being deployed, and the logistics required and supplied by our Intelligence officers and staffer.

The conductor
The conductor
Reply to  de52

Actually, every single member of my unit had college degrees.

Cmac
Cmac
Reply to  The conductor

All that college degree means is they have lots of book learning it does not mean they are or are not smart. It also does mean they/you do or don’t have any common sense.

Gale
Gale
Reply to  The conductor

Could not get a job on the outside world.

Broccoli Free Zone
Broccoli Free Zone
Reply to  de52

The house intelligence committee is an oxymoron when it has members like Adam Schiff and Nadless. It should be changed to the house LACK of intelligence committee.

clayguy
clayguy

Yep!

Lori
Lori
Reply to  de52

Appears ignorance is attempting to speak

Pissed Off American
Pissed Off American

SURPRISE,SURPRISE. NWO and Commies at work. I hope they choke on all of it.

Sandy
Sandy

I never allow for my location to be revealed. Important!

Pissed Off American
Pissed Off American
Reply to  Sandy

If you have a cell phone your already being tracked. The towers pings your phone to locate it for incoming calls. Ever notice how fast police find people doing crimes or missing persons (In most cases) ? Also how fast they find people all the way across the country that run from crimes. I assume they ping their phones, Cars (Many cars have internet connection built in and are watching / listening to you. Also plate readers or AI on major highways watch for their cars and alert the police. So how do you stop the tracking? I have heard rumors that these Covid shots include nanobots that they track and also that’s why they want you to stand six feet apart because the signals get scrambled when closer. I don’t really know and there is always lots of “What if’s” out there. All I do know is GOD is still in charge and this country is going to go through a rough four years if it makes it at all. I feel the commie Obiden and Obummer are trying to take it down with the NWO and U.N. We will see. GOD BLESS and Pray for America.

Joanne
Joanne

You are right on on all if what you said. I’ve been wanting to buy an old truck before they started putting computers in vehicles and get rid of my cell for a landline. and get rid of my computer.