Tuesday, August 11, 2020

The Truth About the Failed Maduro ‘Coup’

Separating fact from fiction…

kremlin.ru via Wikimedia Commons

Venezuelan Dictator Nicolás Maduro is claiming that the Trump administration orchestrated a failed coup against him after his goon squad captured two U.S. ex-special forces. These are big claims coming from a socialist dictator — do they hold up under pressure?

Here is what we know about the alleged coup:

Back

21 COMMENTS

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Mae Dawson
Mae Dawson

I hope our guys get back. Too bad the boys didn’t succeed. We need to tighten sanctions. The rightful president should be in charge in Venezuela.

Kenn
Kenn
Reply to  Mae Dawson

I agree with you Ms. Dawson.

Don
Don
Reply to  Mae Dawson

Agreed. But down there the police and military are part of the problem. If they weren’t supporting him they wouldn’t be eating either like most of his population.

wayne capurro
wayne capurro

I hope they weren’t part of a US operation. If they were, our Government has to do everything in their power to get them out. If they weren’t, we can only assume they shouldn’t have been there for everyone knows how corrupt and desperate the Maduro regime is. We don’t owe the people of Venezuela anything. They voted this bastard and his predecessor into power and now they have to sleep in the bed they’ve made. Those liberty minded Venezuelans should either leave or organize a revolution to overthrow the totalitarian regime. I hope these two Americans are able to get out and get home.

Janette Lewis
Janette Lewis

Before the president can made any decision about these Americans. We need verification if these are two Americans. We need to know if they are how did they get involved in this so called coup? I do not see Trump have a coup because this type of operation he would not believe in. He does not believe in trying to over through a country. He has spoken open about that. My question is if these are two American and former military men did they get hired as mercies? Have they been brain washed? Like some Americans that joined the Taliban and radical Islam causes that are against America. A lot of questions need to be answered. It is a fine line for him to walk and he needs Godly wisdom to make the right decision. Countries will lie as we have experienced this with China. We do not want to walk into a trap and be deceived about this problem. Cautious is what we need before a decision is made.

Joseph Manque
Joseph Manque

Look for the usual rabidly anti-Trump liberals to demand yet another “investigation” into him in hopes of finding something that will finally stick. If that doesn’t work they’ll be reduced to charging him with felony jaywalking. Tough sell for the poor lemmings.

Arnold Gote
Arnold Gote

Grow up folks. Why are two former soldiers from Texas found in Venezuela only days after secretary Pompeo boasted about being able to finally install Guaidó in the Miraflores Palace in Venezuela.
The truth will not hurt you.

Ralph Kramden
Ralph Kramden

Should have sent in 6 (ex) marines. That’s all it took to take Tripoli and end the Barbary pirate’s silliness.

Nancy Glick
Nancy Glick

They’ve already been identified as US citizens. What isn’t clear is what they were doing there. They’re retired military, which is also established. There is nothing wrong with helping the elected President of the country back into the palace where he rightfully belongs. I’m not really sure why Arnold Gote commented that people need to grow up. It’s never been a secret that Trump is on friendly terms with the elected President of Venezuela or that Maduro is a terrorist trying to overthrow its President or that he’s terrorizing the citizens of Venezuela. With the little that’s known there really isn’t enough to form an opinion either way. It doesn’t sound like Trump’s MO to do that. Most of us don’t understand how things like this are normally handled but if things were up front then I wouldn’t consider it a coup to help a duly elected President of another country rid that country of a terrorist who is overthrowing it. To a normal person it would seem like the right thing to do. JMO

Michael Valgos

I would love to go in and get our brothers out of there as well as kick Maduro’s fat ass out He is a worthless pig who is a parasite to his people If anyone decides to go get them please let me know I want to go I am a Marine veteran of 10 years and it is time for action and I want to kick Maduro’s ass myself I have my own reasons for getting this pig out

Cecelia Henderson
Cecelia Henderson

2 Americans out of how many? This doesn’t sound like Trump’s style at all. I’m going to wait for some more facts before I dive into this one. I am sorry it failed, because I think Maduro is a Socialist dictator that is only going to hurt the people while he lives the high life.

Nancy Saxby
Nancy Saxby

Just what our dear President needs right now. He’s under so much stress as it is. I’m sure that whatever the situation is he will do a thorough investigation and do whatever he can to get them back safely if he can! He truly cares for each American citizen. He is a negotiator and he is strategic. We need to pray that they will be kept safe & he will protect them from harm until we can get them back.

A. D Roberts

best way to overthrow him. Obey II Chronicles 7:14

Dale
Dale

He should do everything possible to bring about the ouster of Maduro before the Russians and Chicoms have an even larger foothold in South America. Does not anyone worry about Russian frigates and other military vessels sailing the Gulf of Mexico and having the ability to launch strikes against us from so close a position? Plus, who is to say other South American countries won’t cozy up to the commies if they see us being weak in our own hemisphere? Doesn’t the Monroe Doctrine matter any longer?

Mike
Mike

another Bay of Pigs attempt.

JohnL
JohnL

While I wish they would have succeeded, American citizens cannot roam around the globe involving themselves in fights with the expectation that our government will be obliged to bail them out. No ransom and no putting U.S. Servicemen in danger.

The idea that a small boatload of men could overthrow the govt of a large country is ludicrous at best. Definitely not something Trump would do.

Not something Trump would endorse. A small boat in daylight attacking….. get real🤪

Trish Jacobs
Trish Jacobs

I agree that Mr. Trump should hold off on anything. For one thing, I would like proof. It just sounds like another ploy by an anti-American group stirring up trouble for the election. Conspiracy? Maybe, but look at what has been happening here since 2016.

Mickey the Smkcey
Mickey the Smkcey

Maybe it’s one of the “Mission Impossible” attempts.

J. Miller.

These two are soldiers of fortune, mercenaries. They get well paid to do what they do and, they know the risks. They are not there as American soldiers. I think that America should not
get involved. Sad situation but brought on by their greed. It’s a risky job.

bart

i think biden sent them over there and doesnt remember

People, Places & Things

- Advertisment -

Must Read

Why Voters Will Punish Democrats in Three Months

Writing for the Washington Times, David A. Keene explains why today's radicals, an uninspired carbon copy of the 1960s counterculture, are marching towards defeat...