Friday, August 7, 2020

What Should Happen to Athletes Who Won’t Stand for the National Anthem?

Amanda Head returns with a can't-miss take on the other virus: politics, which has corrupted practically sacred aspects of our lives, like sports.

Like Amanda, not everyone has a blasé attitude about these developments. Shortly after every player on the Washington Nationals and the New York Yankees knelt during the National Anthem, legendary NFL coach Mike Ditka said that they should "get the hell out of the country."

Would you stop watching your favorite team if every player knelt? Let us know in the comments below, and enjoy more content from Amanda every day at The Hollywood Conservative!

Support the Landmark Lawsuit Against Antifa

135 COMMENTS

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Rebecca Reeves
Rebecca Reeves
10 days ago

They should be fired. I will not watch until everyone stands! Everyone knows it’s about the flag PLEASE give me a break. My family fought and died and I won’t watch nor my whole family until they stand. I think it’s a forgone conclusion the NFL, NBA etc. is pretty much over. People are just sick and tired of politics in sports, they have no place….. We used to love all sports. NO MORE. Good luck I think a lot of money is about to be lost. Listen to Mike Ditka. He knows what time it is.

Deb Froehlng

jack barton

👍😉👍

Jackie

100% agree. I #BoycottAllSports

Ruth
Reply to  Jackie

Golf players do not kneel

Pat Dietrich
Reply to  Ruth

Ruth, are you for real? ? ?

catherine
Reply to  Jackie

ME TOO! and a few million more of US.

Tiny Barreda
Reply to  Rebecca Reeves

They should be awarded the medal of freedom.

Shelley Z
Shelley Z
Reply to  Rebecca Reeves

I agree, we have stopped watching any and all sports that choose to kneel. We even stopped watching NASCAR, which is something I never would have guessed in a million years.

G A
G A
Reply to  Rebecca Reeves

I agree with you 100%. My sports money will go to supporting local children’s causes. I’ll no longer buy tickets to any professional sporting events. This also includes NASCAR. I no longer support any of their sponsors either. If these athletes aren’t happy here in America I say go somewhere else to live. Here in the USA you’re nothing when you disrespect the flag and all who gave their lives for the freedoms you take for granted. Cancel ALL pro sports!!!!

Jennings Paulette
Jennings Paulette
Reply to  G A

catherine
Reply to  G A

G A Hopefully, they will ALL be bankrupt!

Pat Dietrich
Reply to  catherine

I hope so!

Tony Granito
Tony Granito
8 days ago
Reply to  G A

If an athlete chooses to disrespect the U.S.A. He/She should go and live in a country that He/She respects. I guarantee that another country would not allow any type of disrespect. Many Veterans gave their lives so we can have the freedoms to peacefully protest and the right to express our views. But let’s’ do it in a way that does not disrespect those Veterans and not by firebombing and looting businesses or disrespecting the police that put their lives on the line every day to keep us safe.

Gene Davis
Gene Davis
Reply to  Rebecca Reeves

Agreed, fire every damn one of them

KYBOB
KYBOB
Reply to  Gene Davis

Absolutely – let them get a REAL job.

Steve Vickers
Steve Vickers
Reply to  KYBOB

The braves and the mets , all stood. I was going to watch yanks but , erased the recording. I’ll watch the braves until one of them kneels . NFL, NBA, nascar, WNBA , all gone as far as I am concerned. If college players kneel, I won’t watch them. labron and curry made me stop watching nba a couple of years ago.. I’m 74 , never thought the left would bring this wonderful country to this. A vote for a Democrat is a vote to continue to destroy this country

Willi
Willi
Reply to  Steve Vickers

Exactly. After the other day I won’t even watch Baseball. I already quit Football when kapernick arrived. Basketball was omitted years ago.

Diane McKinney
Diane McKinney
Reply to  Rebecca Reeves

Like he said,”Get the H… out of this country.

Glenn G
Glenn G

behind you 100 percent

James
James
Reply to  Rebecca Reeves

I agree; fire them and ban them from any activity with sports, if they don’t like it give them a severance gift of a ticket to a socialist country of their choice or three years in the Marines!!!Maybe then they would learn to respect what our country represents; freedom and personal liberty!

Donald DeLauder
Donald DeLauder
Reply to  Rebecca Reeves

Fire them, boycott the sports that allow players to insult our USA Flag and our country, and deport those who are treasonous towards our great country.

Robert Cantrell
Robert Cantrell

i agree

Stephen M. Ripley
10 days ago

I’m through with ALL pro sports, except the Cleveland Indians.

Marina
Marina
10 days ago

What will you do when they knuckle under & change their name, as so many weenies have?

Ruth
9 days ago

Got a problem there the woke culture will have the change there name too

Russ
Russ
10 days ago

If the airwaves could be filled with getting people to understand that ALL LIVES MATTER, but everybody also is obligated to respect their neighbor regardless of color. For those who would just as soon destroy America, for people of ALL colors who cannot respect what America stands for, we strongly encourage you to leave America on your own. Even our prisons do not need your kind. Can’t handle the respecting of the American Flag for which it stands – go get a job on some other team in another country where you’ll be in your element.

Annabel
Annabel
Reply to  Russ

Russ: I so agree…well said.

Dan Winright
Dan Winright
10 days ago

I’m done with the woke professional sports
And anything with a mask.
Except zorro, and the lone ranger.

catherine
Reply to  Dan Winright

GOOD ONE!

Sandy
Sandy
10 days ago

I will never watch another sporting match where the players refuse to honor our flag.

Les H
Les H
Reply to  Sandy

Our FLAG, OUR VETERANS, OUR LAW ENFORCEMENT, OUR CONSTITUTION AND OUR AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE. LOVE AMERICA OR LEAVE IT!

Leslie
Leslie
Reply to  Sandy

They sure do like their paychecks.. they should go to a different country and see how it feels to be without the freedom and money they enjoy in this country…

Ben Matthews
Ben Matthews
10 days ago

These morons are gonna have to learn the hard way…why it’s toxic to mix ‘sports with politics/ideology’ just like Holly-weird…?

Jojodmonkey
Jojodmonkey
10 days ago

They should be stripped of all their wealth and citizenship then deported!

David
David
Reply to  Jojodmonkey

I totally agree!!!

Jeanne Larson
Jeanne Larson
10 days ago

I will not be watching any sport where players kneel in protest to our flag and anthem.

Les H
Les H
Reply to  Jeanne Larson

While they are down there kneeling thy can kiss my AMERICAN BUTT! I am through with all sports except Hockey, they are still American. I hope they stay that way! NASCAR was the most disappointing!

Terry
10 days ago

Those idiots that will not stand for the flag needs to spend 4 years in the arm forces like the ones who died for them so they could enjoy their FREEDOM and earn the millions that they are getting!!!!!!

Ginny Bradley
Ginny Bradley
10 days ago

I suspect many of these people do not know why they are taking a knee. I’m with Mike Ditka… and I will not be watching any pro sport where players take the knee or have comments on their clothes. I guess that leaves golf and hockey where the players have a lot more class and respect for their flag and country. 🇺🇸

Janell
Janell
10 days ago

I don’t have any respect for those that kneel. It is definitely about our flag and our country. They are showing their disrespect to America so they won’t have my respect. Should leave politics out of sports and Hollywood.

Sula
Sula
10 days ago

I totally agree with the majority…watching any sports where taking a knee is observed, is an insult and I will be exercising my constitutional right to change channels.

Barry Goldsmith
Barry Goldsmith

I am done with sports.

David Harris
David Harris
10 days ago

I have already deleted my ESPN app and I will not watch any games unless and until they decide to Honor our Flag , Fire, Police and all First Responders. I just wonder if they have thought about what will happen when they need Emergency treatment.

General
General
10 days ago

Time to teach these arrogant self absorbed a-holes a lesson–all sports that disrespect our flag. These clowns are not heroes, our men and women serving our country are patriots and heroes.

Norm
Norm
10 days ago

I’m a Veteran, my brother, my father & my grandfather are all Veterans, WWll, Korea & Vietnam. These athletes are paid to play not be political action figures, therefore I’m done with all of them NFL, NBA & MLB for good. As the teams revenues begin to go down perhaps they’ll get the message.

Trudy Overby
Trudy Overby
10 days ago

Will not watch anyone or team that will not stand. Any athlete that will not stand should be dismissed from the team. They are not heroes, our Heroes are the young men and women that fought and gave their lives for America!!

Gary Moberg
Gary Moberg
Reply to  Trudy Overby

Well said. And that even goes for my beloved Packers.

thomas
10 days ago

run em out. if u dont love america leave. if the cowboys pull that ill be boycotting them

Edward Durham
Edward Durham
10 days ago

I haven’t watched a game in 2 years, really not very interested any more, you Neal leave the country , stand for your country, neal for God, pretty simple.

Mark
Mark
10 days ago

I’m done watching professional sports. They are a poor example to our kids. They are a poor example of a human being! They show NO respect and if the owners had any balls they would fire the players who kneel. That’s it, game is over!

Rosemarie E Rogers
Rosemarie E Rogers
10 days ago

I have only 5 movies in the last 30+ years and only two of them have been worth the money, I don’t watch any of their awards shows since Ozzie Osborn was the presented and every 2 word had to be bleeped… we just spent 3 month watching the Brit-box MIdsommer murders and Death in paradies) all without four letter words and constant gun violence. I quit baseball years ago, when during spring training Ryan sandberg would not give kids a free autograph, and football that I really, really loved when that Colin Kaperneck, started the kneeling. As far as we are concerned, we will not spent a penny to buy tickets or the sports programs that carry games, where people kneel or disrespect, the national anthem and the flag.
What makes me wonder, why are millions trying to come into the USA, but those clowns don’t leave, if it is so bad why wouldn’t you. The same goes for all those Hollywood nuts. By the way how come the Hollywood sign is still up, but Columbus had to go……

Kate Hite
Kate Hite
10 days ago

Good point…why did Columbus have to go, but the Hollywood sign is still up? Hollywood is filled with liberal sleazeballs. The “protestors” (aka rioting thugs) tear down statues as though they owned them–no one else gets a voice. If the disgusting, potty-mouthed left doesn’t like anything…it’s gone! I will no longer go to movies and certainly will not watch any sporting events. And I’ll put a flag in my front yard!!

Dennis Ziniel
Dennis Ziniel
10 days ago

Well stated and I fully support your reply. Political actions by sports figures who make millions have destroyed professional sports.

Terry B
Terry B
10 days ago

Suspend them for the entire season without pay

Nancy
Nancy
10 days ago

No sports for me and my family and I will not purchase anything from their advertisers. The National Anthem and our flag is for all American citizens; our Founding Fathers and our Military fought and are fighting for the freedom that we enjoy. Taking a knee is a disgrace and a slap in the face to every true American.

Francis Foster
Francis Foster

FIRE THEM WITH NO PAY UNTIL THEY SMARTEN UP

Stephen Paul
10 days ago

They should be fined $100000 each time they kneel and the money put in social security account to help pay back all the money that was stolen from the people who put their hard earned money in to use for their retirement.

Robert McCoy
Robert McCoy

Yes, No more NFL, NASCAR, MLB, NBA

Leonard Giuliani
Leonard Giuliani
10 days ago

Those of us who respect our flag and the country it represents should take note and remember who stands and who kneels. The kneelers should be regarded as non-patriots who are ether misguided or have an anti-American agenda. They have a right to their opinion(s) but are still subject to criticism and disfavor by those who see them as wrong minded.

Robert Irving Smith
Robert Irving Smith
10 days ago

As a 24 year Navy veteran I am totally offended by these prima donna jerks and will not watch any sporting event that has even one player taking a knee during our national anthem. I will not stand for these men NOT standing.

Wyatt
10 days ago

Termination of contract . The signed a contract to play a given sport and abide by the rules and regulations of the team , not make grandstanding political statements on the playing field . Fired on the spot and banned from participating in the sport . 90% of these over paid prima donnas with their multi-million dollat salaries will be broke with in five years of leaving the game anyway . Give them something to cry about .

Francisco Machado
Francisco Machado
10 days ago

Team owners permit it. The Constitution does not permit Congress to restrict it, so it is their inherent right to express a dislike for this country. Far be it from me to demand their silence lest I find myself likewise silenced – as I have no doubt the Progressive fanatics will do given the power. To silence them would leave us ignorant of their political position and thus unwittingly supportive of their public popularity. A principal function of censorship is to protect babbling fools from displaying their idiocy.

TheMadMan
TheMadMan
10 days ago

These BLM Marxes Blacks Lives Matters and Not White Lives Matters right so why are these stupid white people doing supporting the Black lives Matters movement what the BLM are against all whits people? How F***ing stupid are these white people out there rioting for the BLM when some day very soon these BLM people are going to be killing the very same white ass holes that are fighting with them????

Robert
Robert
10 days ago

They make me sick. I’m a vet. I stoped watching football last year when they insulted the men and women who fought and died for this country.

Jeff
Jeff
10 days ago

If they can’t stand for the Nation Anthem they should be released. If they wish to demonstrate do it away from fields, stadiums , etc. I will not watch or attend any sports at all. Hope they all go broke, I blame this on the owners that let them do this. BLM if they cared about black lives they need to start in their own communities and homes, Instead of killing each other.

Pat
Pat
10 days ago

I have been an avid Giants fan sincethey moved to San Francisco. Our new manager said the National Anthem was not prevalent to today and he and 4 others kneeled. Not watching the Giants this year, and I was so excited that they were finalky going to play.

John VanDamme
John VanDamme
10 days ago

NOTHING: They shouldn’t play; they shouldn’t get endorsements; they shouldn’t get press/air time; they should not be listened to; they can have their opinion, but they cannot foist it on me when I hear the National Anthem.

If these players (yes, they played us) are unwilling, we can pay to watch someone who will.

I watch sports; politics is not a sport. Egomaniacism is, like patience, is NOT a virtue.

CJ
CJ

I stand for the flag
I kneel for the cross

Hard to believe what is taking place in our country right now. Everything is political!
No more money going to Direct TV for pro sports

WJH
WJH
10 days ago

I have already washed my hands of sports and entertainment industry.

KYBOB
KYBOB
Reply to  WJH

100% AGREE

jbfl
jbfl
8 days ago
Reply to  WJH

Freeing, isn’t it?

AJ
AJ
10 days ago

If they feel this is the best way to sell their brand. No problem but, I hate to be their corporate sponsor right now. How much did Gillete lose by attacking its customers? For those Marketing majors promoting controversy it’s like playing with fire you will inevitably get burned. Don’t believe me? Ask Gillete.

Miles
10 days ago

If you kneel next to me you will LAY next to me as I will kick you in your head as hard as I possibly can. Liberal Democrat the New Definition of American Terrorist

R.A. Olson
10 days ago

I stopped watching football when he kneeled the first time and people supported it. I was a die-hard fan. To tell you the truth I haven’t missed it that much. I won’t ever watch sports on television again. It’s just about the money

Miles

Thank GOD for Donald Trump. Keeping America Great

Rob
Rob
10 days ago

As a Army retiree kneeling is total disrespect of everything American! They kneel, I change the channel!

Oliver Perry
10 days ago

Fire everyone of them!!! That’s it for me and pro sports, except golf at least these guys have respect for flag & country. I really hope the NFL, MLB, NASCAR, NBA, et all fail!!!!

Billv
10 days ago

This is going to hurt the sports that do not stand for the National Anthem, both in attendance and on TV. I for one and my family will not be watching any sports except NASCAR! I sure hope they do not fall into the Anti American mess!

Stan Lee
Stan Lee
Reply to  Billv

They just fake hate messages but so far they stand If that guy got away with it you’d see more doing that as well

paul st
Reply to  Billv

Billv , they have infiltrated Nascar . No need to watch them either.

Stephen Gore
10 days ago

I certainly hope these comments are forwarded to all the professional athletes male and female. The attitude is despicable and a slap in the face of every American. The media must shoulder the lion share of the anger and displeasure of the sports fans.
A constant reporting of the bad actors who hold out for kings ran some, the arrest for disorderly conduct, DWI`S breakins…. you get the point. Yes it’s nice what some do to give back to the communities, but being a weak person does not help the games.

The owners will loose billions but they made bad decisions and they will lose their shirts.
I think you see the sentiment in the comments, hey owne re players, this was your meal ticket money . W at to screw that up8

Earl Ellison
Earl Ellison
10 days ago

when they kneel they should be shot in the knee!

Sherry Hall
Sherry Hall
10 days ago

Shut off NFL, NBA, NBL & Hollywood and ALL awards last year! No longer contributing to their salaries. Total disrespect to our great country and all that have served and most especially those who made the greatest sacrifice! America is still free because of the brave!
My late father served in WWII, recipient of 2 Bronze Stars, Purple Heart. My husband served during Vietnam. He ran out of money for college so was drafted. He did what his country asked, was rocked and spit on when he returned from Vietnam. He STANDS for the flag, he respects the National Anthem! He only kneels to his Lord!

Jim
Jim
10 days ago

The players in all of the leagues really need to think from the practical side. That is, FIRST, our flag and anthem are symbols of our country. They have draped every coffin of our deceased soldiers returning from a distant fight. By kneeling you are disrespecting their service and sacrifice.
SECOND, go to any other country and make the living and lifestyles you enjoy here. BUT PLEASE GO !!!!

William
William
10 days ago

I will never watch the so called pros or buy their apparel, let the Chinese support them, they love that country more than ours! They may actually stand for the Chinese Anthem!

Tom
Tom
10 days ago

I have already decided that I will not support any sport or any advertiser that condones kneeling for our anthem and flag. This country afforded those athletes the extremely large salaries they are paid by supporting them and their advertisers. Hit them where it hurts by closing your wallets to those teams and advertisers that disrespect America.