USCapitol via Wikimedia Commons

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) defiantly objected to the article of impeachment against President Donald Trump Wednesday.

Boebert said, in part:

“Glory to God. Madam Speaker, I rise today to oppose this impeachment and denounce the recent violence on the Capitol, just as I oppose the previous impeachment.

“And the violence we’ve all witnessed all summer long across our great country. Make no mistake here, the hypocrisy of the left is on full display.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) chose two Colorado Democrats to serve as impeachment managers: Reps. Diana DeGette and Joe Neguse. CBS Denver details the markedly different reaction from Colorado’s congressional delegation to the Capitol riots.

“There is no doubt that through his actions in recent weeks, President Trump is now one of the single greatest threats to the safety and security of our nation. It’s important, for the sake of our Democracy and the future health of our nation, that he be held fully responsible for his crimes. He should be removed from office immediately and I look forward to doing my part to ensure that happens as soon as possible,” DeGette said.

Republican Rep. Ken Buck (CO-04) asked President-elect Joe Biden to stop House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s attempt at a second impeachment of Trump. Buck joined several other congressional leaders, all Republicans, in sending a letter to Biden.

What do you make of Boebert’s comments? As always, share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Martin Dunlap Jr
Martin Dunlap Jr
1 year ago

Good for her. I support her completely.

Danny Webb
Danny Webb
1 year ago

Finally, someone with common sense. I totally agree with every word she spoke. And I might say, I’ll bet 85% of Republicans and at least 60 % of the Dems also agree. The cancer in this Nation lies within the Democratic Party. And deep down we REALLY know who is stirring the turds. Love Trump or hate Trump isn’t the question. One side made the U.S. thrived in all aspects, Military, Economy, Jobs, Safe borders and Unity. While the other side has tore in a matter of just a few short months. It is shameful and a disgrace to see what Polosi and Schumer, along with others have done to our democracy in just a few short months. Our future with these leaders is very frightful and there will NO unity in our nation until these people are gone for good. I’ve gone from a very PROUD PATIROT to being ashamed of our country in a matter of a few short months . Our leaders to be are totally DISGUSTING !!!!!

Janyce Spikes-Myers
Janyce Spikes-Myers
1 year ago
Reply to  Danny Webb

I totally agree with you.

vicki
vicki
Reply to  Danny Webb

I agree totally also

Joanna Nichols
Joanna Nichols
1 year ago

A woman of exemplary character.

Kate
Kate
1 year ago
Reply to  Joanna Nichols

Agree, she is right on

Mikey
Mikey
1 year ago
Reply to  Joanna Nichols

From blue Colorado, no less.

Carole
Carole
1 year ago

Everything she said is absolutely true! Dems have a short memory when bad behaviour comes from the left!

glenn edward davis
glenn edward davis
1 year ago
Reply to  Carole

I disagree. To me the evidence is clear, they have not forgotten. It is much worse than that. They “feel” that they are ENTITLED to advance their agenda in any manner that is necessary.
They don’t care that +- 50% of the country knows that they are hypocritical. Who is there to call them to account? The rare honest local cop, maybe. But then it goes to a leftist judge or a feckless RINO judge where justice WILL NOT prevail.

Dawnie
Dawnie
1 year ago

This is so true! Scary. Something needs to be done about this! why are they allowed to get away with it? No one calls them out! It’s so frustrating

Ed Campbell
Ed Campbell
1 year ago
Reply to  Carole

What short memory they have amnesia