President Donald Trump gave a statement yesterday expressing his displeasure with the Covid relief bill passed by Congress, giving Americans $600 in relief:
The bill contains billions of dollars controversially going towards foreign aid, including:
– $500 million earmarked for Israeli defense purchases, including equipment to strengthen its Iron Dome missile batteries.
– $250 million over five years for Palestinian economic aid, which was pushed by New York Democrat Rep. Nita Lowey.
– $85.5 million for assistance to Cambodia
– $134 million for Burma.
– $1.3 billion for Egypt and the Egyptian military, which will purchase almost exclusively Russian military equipment.
– $25 million for democracy and gender programs in Pakistan.
– $505 million to Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama.
In response to these and other provisions, President Trump urged Congress to “immediately get rid of the wasteful and unnecessary items” from the legislation. He tersely added, “Send me a suitable bill or else the next administration will have to deliver a Covid relief package, and maybe that administration will be me, we will get it done.”