Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Bad News for Ocasio-Cortez

Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been a liberal icon on the Supreme Court for decades.

One reason RBG has earned the saintly adoration of her supporters and, at least, begrudging respect of her opponents is her judicious approach to affect change.

Most recently, Ginsburg threw ice-cold water on Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s dream to abolish the Electoral College.

And it was glorious.

The Daily Wire’s Molly Prince has more:

“It’s largely a dream because our Constitution is … hard to amend,” Ginsburg told a crowd while speaking at the University of Chicago. “I know that from experience.”

Despite referring to the idea as “more theoretical than real,” the liberal icon has voiced her support for the measure in the past. While speaking at Stanford University in 2017, she included abolishing the institution on the list of things she would like to change about society, reported Politico.

“There are some things I would like to change, one is the Electoral College,” she said at the time. “But that would require a constitutional amendment, and amending our Constitution is powerfully hard to do.”

President Donald Trump was notably elected to the presidency in 2016 after winning an Electoral College majority, however, he lost the country’s popular vote by nearly 3 million votes.

AAN Staff
AAN Staff
The staff at American Action News are consummate professionals, who when not producing original, hard-hitting content, are scouring the internet to bring you the unfiltered news that matters to you! Our mission is to maximize your experience on our website. If we can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know!

55 COMMENTS

0 0 vote
Article Rating
JODY BECKHAM

There are good reasons why we have an Electoral Collège. Our forefathers recognized the dangers of having just a majority vote. The larger states would have an unfair advantage. So they created a system that would be fair to all. I guess these people who object to the Electoral College do not know much about government or our history or basic Civics.

Michael Johnson
Michael Johnson
Reply to  JODY BECKHAM

History is not taught anymore!

Tom Mize
Tom Mize

Not real history. Nor civics or government. I wonder if millennials know what a “bill” is or how it becomes law. They borrowed trillons off dollars to get degrees in Women’s Studies and indoctrination in Marxism.I ha hoped Devos would step up and address some of these issues. Not so much. She did get rid of obama-math in Common Core. Now get Islam OUT of school and history, free enterprise, and government studies back in.

Policestate
Reply to  Tom Mize

No we don’t need to get ISlam out of our schools. What we need is for the ideologies of the Qur’an to be thought to our children truthfully, Then they will see the truth about this sham religion.

Arlene Galambos
Reply to  Policestate

Very true. Thank you for your comments. Islam is not God inspired and it is time for we Christians to shout it from the mountaintops.

TruthBFree
TruthBFree
Reply to  Tom Mize

Excellent post!

Valerie
Reply to  Tom Mize

Amen!

Ron
Ron

Neither is Civics taught. Too many college students are not aware that there are three branches of government or that the House holds the purse strings.

Dewbie
Dewbie

You’re right Michael and when it is, it is very one sided and definitely leans to the left. Nothing balanced about it. What a travesty!!

B McNinch
B McNinch

How about state history! We had that in school!

Husky
Husky
Reply to  JODY BECKHAM

They think civics is a car. History is not something they like either. Remember a couple weeks ago lane brain AOC said that if the founders wanted citizens to own guns they would have put it in the constitution. So there you see the stupidity we are dealing with.

JTN
JTN
Reply to  JODY BECKHAM

Right on Jody. More people need to be more historically literate.

Rebecca J Spicer
Rebecca J Spicer
Reply to  JODY BECKHAM

Amen

Rich
Reply to  JODY BECKHAM

Jody, AOC wants to change the electoral college because she said it is racist because they would not let her attend.

Sarah Sauvageot
Sarah Sauvageot

We can’t have California deciding who our President will be every four years now can we?

Lawrence Dutton
Lawrence Dutton

No we can’t, nor do we want them to….

Azuka
Azuka

Exactly

Rebecca J Spicer
Rebecca J Spicer
Reply to  Azuka

Oh hell no america would crumble. Sad to say im from California and tjis state isn’t as liberal as the lying ass news makes it to be, evilocrats can’t rig the election this year, they’re done here in Cali

David

Thank God.

DENNIS ROBERTS
DENNIS ROBERTS
Reply to  Azuka

I sure hope you are right.

B McNinch
B McNinch

👍🏻

Sympl1
Sympl1
1 month ago

Excuse me but im sure if you honestly asked Californians they will suprise the schiffe out of you…why do you think the dumrats cheat at everything??that is the only way they can even compete…108% state wide voter turnout should be a clue…we just flipped lancaster (out side la) REPUBLICAN…

Dionigi
Dionigi

Such a spirited, lovely and smart young lady! Just adore her!

Hankmacaw
Hankmacaw
Reply to  Dionigi

Bwhahahahaha – I can’t stop laughing at your post. You is a idjit.

Rebecca Spicer
Rebecca Spicer
Reply to  Hankmacaw

You must be looking on mirror when you said that and i dont care what caucus you support there’s no need for name calling everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, just pray for the brainwashed democrats to see the true light

B McNinch
B McNinch
Reply to  Dionigi

lol lol 😆

Ronnie smitr

Let’s Make AOC Bartender Again and Trump for 20/20 !

Husky
Husky
Reply to  Ronnie smitr

I’m all for that!!

Tom Mize
Tom Mize

I’ll drink to that!

Larry
Larry

I will buy the drinks for that!!!

John Mills
John Mills

All the money we spend on education every year and we still are not educated.
We better requirements for becoming a teacher.

Ignacio Cortes
Ignacio Cortes
Reply to  John Mills

It’s not that the teachers are ignorant,it’s thath the good teachers are not allowed to teach what is best for the students.Instead what is good and ethical is removed from the curriculum by the liberals and they keep inserting ultra liberals as teachers especially in colleges.

valerie Bertelli
valerie Bertelli

Cheers to that!!

Patricia Porter

Who she is really stupid.

Fuckface
Fuckface

The good news for AOC is that guys still want blowjobs. AOC gives really good head. She’ll blow your weeny for just $2.55, much cheaper than Kamala. Just contact aocsucksem.com to set up an appointment. She swallows too.

DAR
DAR
Reply to  Fuckface

👎

DAR
DAR
Reply to  Fuckface

Fuckface
👎👎👎to your comment and your name!

Leo
Leo
Reply to  Fuckface

Didn’t your mother teach you manners?
You should change that name…to…
-I’m a slob-
Thanks

Valerie
Reply to  Leo

I know…..disgusting the ignorance on these pages, isn’t it??

Leo
Leo
Reply to  Fuckface

How old are you? Twelve?

Leo
Leo
Reply to  Fuckface

How old are you?
12?

Reader

Please clean up people, we have youngster reading the postings.

Aj Senese,jr.
Aj Senese,jr.

We live in a democracy, but not a direct democracy. Which means not every vote is counted to elect a president. When the constitution was adopted , states at that time were under different configurations. Today we need to represent every voter. Regardless of the state population. Which means count every vote to elect the president. That is the fair American way. . There is nothing more fair, than counting every vote cast, why bother having a representative vote for you, when you already vote for your choice.

Donna Baker
Donna Baker
Reply to  Aj Senese,jr.

AJ, Even today states are under different configurations as you state. That’s why we call it the United STATES. Some have caucuses. Some do not. Some have counties, others parishes, some are commonwealths. People are free to move from one to another. None of this means we should eliminate the Electoral College. In fact we need it now more than ever

john piesyk
john piesyk
Reply to  Aj Senese,jr.

That would mean California and new York will always decide our elections Donna Baker

john holstrom
john holstrom
Reply to  Aj Senese,jr.

We live in a republic not a democracy. I pleg aliegence to the flag and the “Republic” for which it stands.

bart
Reply to  Aj Senese,jr.

because you rats cheat on everything

Rick
Rick
Reply to  Aj Senese,jr.

That’s called mob rule.

David in MA
David in MA
Reply to  Aj Senese,jr.

We live in a Constitutional Republic.

Rebecca Spicer
Rebecca Spicer

Donna Baker
Donna Baker

Robert Shippey
Robert Shippey

This is intended to be a general perspective of a 72 year old, 25 year USAF veteran. I graduated from high school in June 1965. My father worked as a carpenter and my mother was a Red Cross lab tech that processed donated blood. I raised my right hand on July 1st to join the USAF. Neither my parents, nor I had the money for me to go to college! I had no desire to be cannon fodder in Vietnam. So, I figured my best bet was to enlist in USAF. Worked out great as I received my draft notice in Sept of 65. My 1st Sgt told the draft board “Sorry, I own him!” I survived the war and went on to spend 25 years in before I retired and was able to get an associate degree at about the 20 year point in my career. I’m a life long Republican. Little did I know in 1965 that our country was going to be hijacked by the Dems, aka Liberals. I knew them then as the college radicals (hippys). Being radical liberals and in college they eventually hijacked vast majority of the public colleges and universities by infiltrating the facilities and administrations. BAD news now…they are teaching their puke to all the students. In wars, we call that brainwashing! Now, 50+ years later we are faced with several generations of idiots infected with radical liberalism. Old folks are supposed have all this wisdom to pass on to the younger generations. Seems to me, no matter how much we try to pass on the knowledge and wisdom, they have already got their wisdom from a education system that is dominated by the liberal. I’m just some old senile fart that can find the bathroom. It breaks my heart and it is going to kill this country.

Stanescu Stefan
Stanescu Stefan
Reply to  Robert Shippey

100% agree . Everything you say sir .
I salute You .

Goodek

To Robert Shippery: Thank you for your service! You have stated the facts very well!

Rick
Rick

That’s called mob rule.

People, Places & Things

- Advertisment -

Must Read

WATCH: Massive Explosion Rocks Middle East Capitol

A massive explosion rocked Beirut, the capital city of Lebanon, on Tuesday sending shock waves rippling throughout the city, wounding hundreds and causing untold...

TAKE OUR POLL