Friday, August 7, 2020

Mueller Intends to Withhold Docs From Indicted Russian Company

Prosecutors working a case brought by Robert Mueller’s Office of Special Counsel asked a federal judge to withhold millions of “sensitive” documents from foreign attorneys for an indicted Russian troll company.

Per Fox News:
 

During a court hearing in Washington, government prosecutors told U.S. District Judge Dabney Friedrich there are about 3.2 million documents that no employee or officer of Concord Management LLC should be allowed to view outside of the United States as part of the discovery process.

Tuesday’s hearing was chiefly an argument over how to handle millions of documents the government considers “sensitive” to national security and law enforcement matters.

Mueller has indicted Concord Management, and a number of its employees, for attempting to meddle in the 2016 presidential election.

Mueller’s office said much of the discovery information they have provided to lawyers for Concord so far in the case has ended up on the internet as part of a “disinformation campaign” against Mueller’s Russia investigation. But the special counsel’s office stopped short of accusing Concord of leaking the discovery information to the Russian-linked twitter accounts behind the disinformation campaign.

Friedrich noted the government has only provided the defense roughly 500 documents so far – out of the 3.2 million.

AAN Staff
AAN Staff
The staff at American Action News are consummate professionals, who when not producing original, hard-hitting content, are scouring the internet to bring you the unfiltered news that matters to you! Our mission is to maximize your experience on our website. If we can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know!
0 0 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

People, Places & Things

- Advertisment -

Must Read

TAKE OUR POLL