By Clinton White House - https://clinton.presidentiallibraries.us/items/show/47839, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=67620126

Monica Lewinsky is now claiming that former President Bill Clinton should want to apologize for her over their White House affair in the 1990’s, an event which altered her life permanently.

As The Hill reports:

Monica Lewinsky says that former President Clinton “should want to apologize” for his part in the 1990s scandal surrounding his affair with her, a then-White House intern.

“I think there was a long period before my life changed in the last six or seven years, where I felt a lot in terms of there not being this resolution. And I’m very grateful that I don’t have that feeling anymore,” Lewinsky told “Today’s” Savannah Guthrie on Tuesday when asked if she feels that Clinton owes her an apology.

“I don’t need it,” Lewinsky continued.

“He should want to apologize in the same way that I’d want to apologize any chance I get to people I hurt and my actions have hurt,” she said of the 42nd president.

Will Lewinsky ever get her long awaited apology from Bill? Let us know what you think in the comments below.

susan dudak
susan dudak

I can’t imagine smug Clinton would ever apologize for any of his mistakes. Hillary follows in his footsteps – no apologies from her either.

Ursula
Ursula
Reply to  susan dudak

Why should she get an apology, when it takes two to have an Affair.

Mikey
Mikey
Reply to  Ursula

I agree it takes two to tango. But this was not just an older man taking advantage of an impressionable young woman but the most powerful man in the world. And just because some of his predecessors were unable to keep their flies zipped is not an excuse.

Common Sense
Common Sense
Reply to  Mikey

She was in her 20s, and she knew he was married. It’s called adultery no matter how you slice it. Given her age, I doubt she could’ve dreamed of the ensuing repercussions – that I can believe. That withstanding, she knew what they were doing was wrong. I don’t feel sorry for her. I actually met her in London years ago. She certainly seemed to be enjoying the attention.

Esther Luttrell
Esther Luttrell
Reply to  Common Sense

she was 19 and there’s no teen in the world would not be flattered and swept off her feet by a personable man – the President, for heaven’s sake – making a play for her. She’s sorry! But she was a kid and she’s seeing herself now as an adult looking back on foolish choices she made as a girl in love. The judgement on her is shocking! We learn from our early mistakes in life… but NO ONE should have to pay for it for the rest of her life – while the one who was mature and knew better goes merrily along with an adoring public.

Carlo Fillipi
Carlo Fillipi

she was a college graduate when she started as an intern

David Baker
David Baker
Reply to  Common Sense

There’s something fishy about Lewinski, just as there was something fishy about Trump, when the media saw fit to air videos of our President cavorting with Epstein. Epstein and Lewinski were of the same religious affiliation, and it was rumored that Epstein was ‘affiliated’ with a foreign intelligence agency.

Scotty
Scotty
Reply to  Mikey

She was a consenting adult. Young and stupid is not an excuse.

CHRISTIE WAGNER
CHRISTIE WAGNER
Reply to  Scotty

Stupidity is her whitewashing excuse. She’s not stupud. She’s a fame whore.

MustangUSN04
MustangUSN04
Reply to  Ursula

Yep, Adult at 18. Old enough to be able to vote, drive, and die for your country. Old enough to know right from wrong.
She was in her twenties.

John
John
Reply to  Ursula

According to the EEOC, what Clinton did was a violation of law. Whether as a quid-pro-quo, or a hostile environement, pick your choice. Likewise, the coverup was in violation of many other laws which had the effect of presenting the behavior as not only exceptable behavior by the President but, the people around him as well to the point of being an institutional acceptance. Any court would have convicted. Was Monicka a willing accomplice, appearently she was but, that is irrelevent. The law is clear, and was ignored…

Jumanji
Jumanji
Reply to  Ursula

It’s not the affair. It was the demonizing and lying that Clinton, Hilary, and Clinton’s henchmen and supporters put her through for years. They accused her of making it all up, Clinton denied it happened, she was constantly criticized for being a slut, fat, so ugly that it had to be fake because Clinton easily could do better, and so on. All this put on a 19 year old kid. Yeah, I’d say she was owed an apology.

Scotty
Scotty
Reply to  susan dudak

Hillary apologizes to the mirror every day!

Helen
Helen
Reply to  Scotty

Yeah! Love it!!

Joy
Joy
Reply to  susan dudak

Mistake or not…she willingly did it. Wasn’t rape

Sewnya
Sewnya

That depends on what the word is is.

Jack D Hopkins
Jack D Hopkins

His only apology would be for not asking her to do it again.