Gage Skidmore via Wikimedia Commons

Current Senator and former GOP Presidential candidate Mitt Romney was mercilessly booed during his appearance at his own state’s GOP convention on Saturday.

Romney had faced intense criticism and even calls for his censure by his own state’s GOP over his decision to vote to remove former President Trump from office.

As Fox News reports:

“I’m a man who says what he means, and you know I was not a fan of our last president’s character issues,” Romney said as the crowd threw insults at him including “communist” and “traitor,” first reported The Salt Lake Tribune.

“You can boo all you like,” Romney said. “I’ve been a Republican all of my life. My dad was the governor of Michigan and I was the Republican nominee for president in 2012.”

But despite the negative reaction the longtime Utah Republican ended his speech on a positive note.

“We need to come together in strength and unity,” he said.

susan dudak
susan dudak
7 days ago

I would not trust Romney one iota. He is a fake – he is a traitor – you can not believe anything he says. He needs to be kicked out of office. He is a wolf in sheeps clothing. He thinks his “charm” will protect him but anyone with any brains can see right through him.

Houston Hammac
Houston Hammac
Reply to  susan dudak

I definitely agree with Susan. When Romney was elected to the senate by Utah, he swore that he would not attack President Trump – anybody can see at this time Romney is a liar and I regret that I voted for the liar when he ran for president as a republican. We deserve more honesty in the GOP.

Stephen Weiss
Stephen Weiss
Reply to  susan dudak

Romney is an empty suit.

vladimir
vladimir
Reply to  Stephen Weiss

globalist puppet romney is a puppet full of globalist agendas .

carla
carla
Reply to  Stephen Weiss

Actually, he made millions working with the globalist Rothschild cabal and worked for the Black Rock Investment, largest investment firm in the world, backed by the Rothschild globalists. Rothschild, NWO, bankers and our own Wall ST and the Foundations of Gates, Rockefeller, Carnegie and on and on, all started to launder their own money to their globalist causes and get tax deductions. That loophole needs to be closed.

Dan Tyree
Dan Tyree
Reply to  susan dudak

Great!!! The people in Utah have figured mittens out

Heidi
Heidi
Reply to  Dan Tyree

It’s about time waiting for Maine and Kentucky to wake the hell up too!

Mikey
Mikey
Reply to  Heidi

And Alaska.

Mikey
Mikey
Reply to  Dan Tyree

They have? Then why is the horse already galloping down the road?

Greg Misquitta
Greg Misquitta
Reply to  susan dudak

ROMNEY. . . CHENEY. . . MURKOWSKI. . . and Every UDDER – Like FLAKE. . .
NEED to be – RETIRED. . .

The UTAH – GOP Executive (Establishment CAREER RINOS and Part of the BUSHWhacker Combine) – REFUSED to Sanction. . . ROMNEY –
when he Voted to IMPEACH – The Donald. . . for the SECOND – SHAM Impeachment. . .
(along with CHENEY and MURKOWSKI). . .

This REACTION – by: WE THE PEOPLE. . . Reflects what. . . WE THE PEOPLE – REALLY THINK – about Romney and his COHORTS (WITHIN The Executive of the District Association). . .

I, SINCERELY, HOPE: WE THE PEOPLE – RETIRE –
**ROMNEY. . . **CHENEY. . . **MURKOWSKI. . . AND THEIR ILK. . .
SOONER – Rather Than – LATER. . .

So – will this Reaction by: WE THE PEOPLE. . .
Put – ROMNEY and like – RINOS. . .
On the – HORNS – of a Dilemma?

Don’t know – Just AXING. . . JUSTIN Case. . .
And I AX – DISS. . . JUSTIN Time:
BEFORE THE NEXT TEARDROP FALLS. . .
(Courtesy – Freddy Fender – NEE – Baldemar Garza Huerta). . .

Denny Crane!

carla
carla
Reply to  Greg Misquitta

We the People will have to do it as the RNC is backing the Rinos and they are doing nothing to aid the AZ audit etc. Liz Cheney is now taking over the established GOP. GOP all just sitting on their hands, doing nothing about Biden’s EOs and then the SCOTUS is also refusing to take all these cases!

Bertie Shields
Bertie Shields
Reply to  Greg Misquitta

I sure hope Cheney is voted out in Wyoming. I know I sure won’t vote for her.

GI Bride
GI Bride
6 days ago
Reply to  Greg Misquitta

It will only happen if those states run a good Republican against them in the primaries

Keith Clark
Keith Clark
7 days ago

Kinda reminds me of Learch Kerry….

Gerard
Gerard
Reply to  Keith Clark

HA! HA! HA! That’s a good one…HA! HA!HA!

Daniel Doyle
Daniel Doyle
Reply to  Keith Clark

Well, traitor is maybe a reach to describe Romney, he’s selfish and a leach, but Kerry is an outright traitor. He has built his questionable career on his willingness to sell-out to other nation’s interests. I don’t think Romney has sunk to that depth… unless I just don’t know about it.

jami Brizendi
jami Brizendi
Reply to  Keith Clark

Robert or John – both Rinos

IH8LIBS
IH8LIBS
7 days ago

Come on folks in Utah get rid of this RINO Clown…

vladimir
vladimir
Reply to  IH8LIBS

globalists and globalist puppet $oro$ will run another globalist puppet rino criminal party against globalist puppet romney .

Greg Misquitta