Official White House Photo by Joyce N. Boghosian

According to a surprising new report, former first lady Michelle Obama is considering a major change in her career trajectory: retiring permanently from public life.

Obama divulged the news during a new interview with People magazine, in which she discussed the rationale of her potential decision.

As Fox 5 reports:

The former first lady says in a new People magazine interview that she picked up knitting needles to pass time during the coronavirus pandemic. And now she’s hooked…

Mrs. Obama also discusses what she says is the “low-grade depression” she experienced during the pandemic lockdowns and after George Floyd’s killing by Minneapolis police last May, along with her shift away from high-impact exercise and what she wants out of retirement…

“I’ve been telling my daughters I’m moving towards retirement right now,” she said, adding that she’s choosing her projects and chasing summer. Her new Netflix children’s food show, “Waffles + Mochi,” premieres Tuesday, and the Obama Presidential Center is under construction in Chicago.

“Barack and I never want to experience winter again,” Mrs. Obama said. “We’re building the foundation for somebody else to continue the work so we can retire and be with each other, and Barack can golf too much, and I can tease him about golfing too much because he’s got nothing else to do.”

Henry Goodall
Henry Goodall

You write, not in quotes, “George Floyd’s killing by Minneapolis police last May”
Why do you perpetuate this incorrect statement? Floyd’s autopsy showed that he died of a Fentanyl overdose, three times a fatal dose and audio recordings showed that he was saying “I can’t breathe” repeatedly. while standing up, minutes before he laid down and was restrained when he appeared unable to control his movements and may have injured himself. In addition, the police summoned Emergency Medical assistance three times. Your report prejudices Chauvin’s trail and is poor journalism.

Kirk
Kirk
Reply to  Henry Goodall

Amen

S. Hoffman
S. Hoffman
Reply to  Henry Goodall

Gitmo is in the South. A good place for these two Obama evil men.

Charlie
Charlie
Reply to  S. Hoffman

They can take the Lunch Lady’s failed crappo public school lunches with them!

Budski
Budski
Reply to  Charlie

Retire from what?

Robert Smith
Robert Smith
Reply to  Budski

Waffles and Mochi, are you for real? What she/him couldn’t fill another warehouse with a “best seller” to line their pockets from China? Reach around Michael Levaughan Robinson and pooh pusher Barrack could not leave the Country soon enough..

Teri Werner
Teri Werner
Reply to  Henry Goodall

Truth

BrewDubbs
BrewDubbs
Reply to  Henry Goodall

Well said, Henry!

Jim
Jim
Reply to  Henry Goodall

Truth has no place in todays world. This is a democrat country now so keep your truth to yourself.

Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Reply to  Jim

🙂

Dan Tyree
Dan Tyree
Reply to  Jim

I don’t think so. The bastards don’t own me and never will

CrustyOldGeezer
CrustyOldGeezer
Reply to  Henry Goodall

And the DA, even after acknowledging the FACTS AS PRESENTED BY THE AUTOPSY REPORT, went ahead and added THIRD DEGREE MURDER…..

So the jury would have options….

Here’s an Idea.

Notify the mobs that ANY FUTURE RIOTING WILL BE MET WITH LETHAL RESPONSES!

Elmo
Elmo

IT’S TIME TO PUT THESE ANARCHIST OUT OF BUSINESS,

Deb Hamilton
Deb Hamilton
Reply to  Henry Goodall

Anything from this person to make it seem like “poor me, I have it so hard, I’m depressed, woe is me, America has been so hard on my family and people…” I sure do wish me and my
husband were in a position to just be able for me to pick up the knitting needles and him golf all day! But then, our country did not “discrimate against us” that way! We still have to work for our living! And we’re much older than they are and yes, we went to college, just didn’t land any of those sweet pot deals from a country I wasn’t proud of!

Sharon
Sharon
Reply to  Deb Hamilton

Well said Deb…We are much older than both of them and we still keep going… That is the trouble with America…Too much PLAY and sitting back and doing nothing…..BUT… still causing trouble for the rest of us!!! NOT at all proud to be an American right now! God help us and get these creeps out of our faces!!!

Jane Doe
Jane Doe
Reply to  Henry Goodall

Well said Henry Goodall

Elmo
Elmo
Reply to  Henry Goodall

AND HIS FAMILY HAS RECEIVED 27 MILLION FROM MINNEAPOLIS TAXPAYERS AND THE TRAIL HASN’T EVEN STARTED, THE OFFICER WILL BE FOUND NOT GUILTY BY THE JURY WHEN THE TREUTH COMES OUIT!

warthog
warthog

Wondering if her “retirement” has anything to do with the arrests being done regarding the election fraud? Mike and Obama are on the line for treason.

Charles Sauser
Charles Sauser
Reply to  warthog

You are living in an alternate universe. Get the facts straight before you spew your lies and venom.

Alan
Alan
Reply to  Charles Sauser

You are living in a naive universe if you dont think the Obama’s didn’t do anything wrong. They are crooked like their friend HRC.

Jersey Prophet
Jersey Prophet
Reply to  Charles Sauser

By your downvotes, it looks like you are a majority of one in your thinking, if it could be called “thinking.”

Mikey
Mikey

The Obamas shoulda retired from public life years ago – like, prior to ’08.

SweetLadyMary
SweetLadyMary
Reply to  Mikey

They hadn’t had time to milk the taxpayers in order to retire. They had no real money until he got in office. What did he do for that money? He certainly didn’t make America great, Obama made America look like losers.