Gage Skidmore via Flickr

In spite of being in office for less then two weeks President Biden is now already under fire for failing to keep a key campaign promise: sending $2,000 stimulus checks to all Americans.

Biden was forced to walk back his initial promise, which was made prior to the Georgia Senate runoff races, in which he promised that if Democrats won both seats the fully checks would be sure to materialize immediately

But instead of keeping his word Biden has now pivoted to only offering a $1400 check, reasoning that combined with the previous $600 stimulus check offered by President Trump the total would actually be $2,000.

Unsurprisingly many aren’t satisfied with Biden’s strained reasoning and have taken to social media to slam Biden for misleading them with the hashtag #BidenLied. As Newsweek reports:

Critics of President Joe Biden are claiming he “lied” about the size and promptness of stimulus checks promised while campaigning in the Georgia runoffs.

The #BidenLied hashtag began trending on Twitter on Sunday after the Democratic Party shared a tweet that outlined Biden’s plans to get $1,400 checks to most Americans—on top of the already agreed $600 payments.

“[Biden] will build on the $600 down payment provided by Congress last year, sending an additional $1,400 to households across America, totaling direct payments to $2,000 per person,” the party posted on Saturday.

Some using the #BidenLied hashtag insisted Biden had promised individual $2,000 payments, rather than $1,400 on top of $600 checks.

Dan Winright
Dan Winright

TRUMP KEPT HIS PROMISES.

Martin Brasted
Martin Brasted
Reply to  Dan Winright

Neither completely. Why are “wives only’ getting the $600 cks. ? 4 of our greater ‘family’ have received the $600 cks. when they verify eligibility to get them looking at last yr’s income tax, and all of us filed joint taxes—so why wouldn’t they send cks. to the husbands same time as wives ??? We have to pay someone to go back and look at the same tax forms a second time when they could easily verify both eligible the first examination of tax forms—that’s another example it seems of just how inefficient our govt. often is.

Louisa Swanson
Louisa Swanson
Reply to  Martin Brasted

I got $600 and I’M not a wife, so I don;t know what the hell you’re talking about!!

Krystal
Krystal
Reply to  Martin Brasted

Maybe they sent it to her because mom knows what the kids need i don’t think it was personal. True the government screws up all the time tho. Call someone I’m sure they can fix it if it was me I would call. Both parents deserve the money each raising children is costly and hard. So worth it.

Carlos
Carlos
Reply to  Martin Brasted

My wife and I got ours on the same day…….so……

MustangUSNO4
MustangUSNO4
Reply to  Martin Brasted

I filed taxes jointly with my wife. Both incoming checks were pay to both me & my wife requiring both endorsements.

Ariadne
Ariadne
Reply to  Dan Winright

I simply started out 6 weeks ago and I’ve gotten 2 test for a total of usd 4,200. This is the great choice I made in a long term. Thank you for giving me this super possibility to make extra money from domestic. This extra money has modified my lifestyles in so many approaches, for more info.,…….. x­u­r­l­.­e­s­/zyjsr

Elizabeth CHIAKI Estrada
Elizabeth CHIAKI Estrada
1 year ago

LISTEN UP…JOE BIDEN BRIBED the AMERICAN PUBLIC. GOD’S BLESSING is STILL With PREZ TRUMP…NOT BIDEN. BIDEN’S WAYS are NOT GOD’S WAYS. From SamuraiQueen. 😄😄😄

Bonniefree
Bonniefree

You got that right!!

Ariadne
Ariadne
1 year ago

I am making a good salary from home $1200-$2500/week , which is amazing, under a year back I was jobless in a horrible economy. I thank God every day I was blessed with these instructions and now it’s my duty to pay it forward and share it with Everyone,
Here is what I do……. ­x­u­r­l­.e­s­/Work80

Alan L Patrick
Alan L Patrick
1 year ago

#BidenLied. Big Surprise. NOT… He has been lying since he has been an Elected Official, Everyone with a little Common Sense could see that, unfortunately most of the Democrats had so much Hatred for Trump they Refused to even look. Some even have walked back and said if they knew about the Hunter scandal they Wouldn’t have voted for Biden. What i want to know is why were they NOT concerned when Biden made the statement to Ukraine about the prosecutor and the 1 billion dollars while he was VP? Guess that wasn’t clear enough proof, yet when they hear about the Hunter scandal they Wouldn’t have voted for him. Give me a freaking break…..

Krystal
Krystal
Reply to  Alan L Patrick

The problem with democrats is they are to lazy to do their own research on the politicians they believe what they are told from the stupid box and that is their only resource for information and we smart people know those are not real reporters they are part of the problem once people wake up and see they are lying to you find your own info you’ll be a lot happier knowing you found the truth for yourself. Of course democrats won’t it’s to much work, they would rather someone else do it for them.