Photo by Sgt. Dana M Clarke via Wikimedia Commons

This is why you always carry.

An elderly military veteran and retired police officer was targeted and brutally attacked in public, in broad daylight, for wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat and “Back The Blue” facemask.

Leftists are growing more violent and unstable as polls show President Donald Trump has a solid chance at winning an Electoral College majority.

The victim, who asked to not be identified, was trying to mail a package at a Red Bluffs, California post office when a man and woman approached him.

SEE ALSO: Man Points Gun at MAGA Hat-Wearing Victim. You Won’t Believe What Happens Next.

“She looked at me and she goes, ‘We just don’t like people like you,” the victim told local TV station KRCR.

That’s when her male companion joined in the animalistic assault.

“Just kind of got shocked a little bit and said, ‘Well, that breaks my heart,’ and no more sooner out of my mouth, I get hit on the left side of my head,” he said.

“Then somehow he got me in a headlock and started pounding me on top of my head,” the victim told KRCR.

I got blood all over the place and I’m trying to figure, you know, where’s my hat, where’s my package?’”

The bloodied victim was taken to a local hospital and still suffers from headaches.

“I just feel kind of bad, seven years in the military, Vietnam veteran and 30 plus years in law enforcement and you’re always taught situational awareness. And this guy came out of … I never saw it coming,” he says. “I was so shocked for the hate that people have, you know. I don’t hate them. I never met them. I just can’t believe they would do something like that.”

Red Bluff police arrested 26-year Daniel Gomez-Martinez, and charged with him battery and elder abuse.

EDITORS NOTE: We at AAN appreciate you and your support of our work to counter the mainstream media narrative. Please share our news with your friends and family and encourage them to sign up for our newsletter.

READ NEXT: Woman Faces Deportation After Attacking MAGA Hat-Wearing Man >>

Help President Trump Stop Joe Biden [ACT NOW]

Michael Brigham has written for American Action News since the summer of 2019. His areas of expertise include foreign affairs, government, and politics, but regardless of the subject matter, he has a nose and an insatiable appetite for news. In his free time, he enjoys reading nonfiction, watching a mix of comedies and true crime documentaries, and spending time away from the swamp hiking in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains.

Paul Le
Paul Le
1 year ago

The attacker is still alive? WOW.

EMW70
EMW70
1 year ago
Reply to  Paul Le

well, it happened in California. The attacker will be gifted a state park pass and sent on his way.

Dude
Dude
1 year ago
Reply to  EMW70

Wrong, In CA he will get everything free, especially if he is here illegally which is a Felony, they will reward him as if he won the lottery ! Give him a Drivers License also, because their lunacy for doing so as they continue to say, is so that when they are in an accident ( cause it usually- they can’t read English signs, and are usually drunk ) they won’t run away. Their lunatic thinking leaves out the obvious to intelligent people including those with just logic and common sense. That they still are here illegally- so they still will run away! To add that being here illegally, they sure as hell will not have any insurance either ! What good would that do them since they are here illegally ! Stupidity runs very deep with democrats. In CA & Wash DC, they deeply love to prove that as well. They rejoice over lunacy and have no brains. Leaving them the same as AOC is. Brain dead stupid.

JeanSC
JeanSC
1 year ago
Reply to  Dude

Except it seems as if their stupidity gives them freedom to displaying hatred without it being deemed a HATE crime. Also another reason to be able, with a permit and training, to carry wherever you go. He was at or in a post office so that prevented him from carrying.

Homer Yates
Homer Yates
1 year ago

To bad I was not there because you would be reading a different story about how the bad guy was in the hospital and maybe was not going to live.

Mikey
Mikey
1 year ago
Reply to  Homer Yates

Too bad I was not there. You would be reading a story about how this thug was in the morgue and definitely not going to live.

AJB
AJB
1 year ago

Someday it will be open season on this trash and no limit I hope!

Daxsdad
Daxsdad
1 year ago
Reply to  AJB

Not soon enough.

Paul
Paul
1 year ago
Reply to  Dude

Most of the time we all abide by the law and that is why we haven’t started stomping the h–l out of the commies bastards. Time is coming especially if the police was abolished. That is the mostly the reason most of us hasn’t went hog wild. Good ole Toby Keith is an Okie and is a fan of OU football. He goes to the games all the time and stands on the sidelines

Zues Papadopoulos