Home Media WATCH OUT: CNN Declares the Following Words ‘Racist’

WATCH OUT: CNN Declares the Following Words ‘Racist’

105
126921

Are you kidding me?

CNN has decided it’s not enough to jump on the woke bandwagon. No, the liberal news network wants to become the arbiter of what words are now considered racist.

Where was their outrage when Barack Obama was president?

Click through to the end to see what “problematic” words CNN wants to be scrubbed from our lexicon.

(H/T The Daily Wire)

“Master Bedrooms/Bathrooms”

Master bedroom and master bathroom are common phrases in real estate, first used in 1926 — 60 years after the abolition of slavery.

As the words imply, they refer to the largest bedroom and bathroom in a given home.

CNN claimed that although “it’s unclear whether the term is rooted in American slavery on plantations, it evokes that history.”

Masters Tournament

One of professional golf’s four major tournaments, the Masters, is now in the crosshairs of CNN’s woke arbiters. The Masters has become synonymous with the best players in the game, legendary golfers, like Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and Tiger Woods.

The tournament’s name originated in 1934. But apparently, it’s only “problematic” now.

Grandfather Clause

CNN argued that the term grandfather clause disenfranchised black voters who weren’t ostensibly granted the right to vote until 1870. Although it originated in a time of pervasive racism, the phrase itself isn’t inherently racist.

For lefties, here it’s meaning:

Grandfather clause —

A clause exempting certain classes of people or things from the requirements of a piece of legislation affecting their previous rights, privileges, or practices.

Peanut Gallery

Like grandfather clause, CNN’s newsroom wants to relegate the phrase “peanut gallery” to the ash heap of history. The phrase refers to cheap seats or hecklers, so what’s CNN’s problem? Their article argues truthfully that African Americans were historically relegated to second-tier seats.

However, the phrase was popularized in the 1940s and 1950s by Howdy Doody when joking around with his rambunctious child audience.

Are any of these words or phrases problematic to you, or has the far-left truly gone a bridge too far? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Support the Landmark Lawsuit Against Antifa

0 0 vote
Article Rating
LUIS
LUIS
30 days ago

THIS IS LIKE THE MOVIE THE SHINNING WHERE THE NUTS “NOW THE SNOWFLAKES” TAKE OVER THE ASYLUM AND ORWELLIAN POLITICAL CORRECTNESS BECOMES THE NORM. AND THE JOKE IS THAT THE REST OF US ARE LETTING IT HAPPEN.

Capt. Joe King
Capt. Joe King
Reply to  LUIS

You don’t have to play. I am not. Neither am I racist……until now, by THEIR definition.

A. D Roberts
28 days ago
Reply to  LUIS

The blacks have been doing this for decades. Looking for and finding offense where no offense was intended.
They also take our words and pervert them.
Gay.
Rainbow.
Diversity.
They even claim to be Christian when there is nothing in their lives that is like Christ.

Mark
Mark
25 days ago
Reply to  A. D Roberts

it’s NOT the Blacks doing this it’s the DemonRat Party of DIVISION.

Cari
Cari
24 days ago
Reply to  Mark

I like that DemoRat!!

Steve Ingersoll
Steve Ingersoll
24 days ago
Reply to  Mark

Exactly. Its from being dominated over by the dem party (kkk) the past 60yrs. They only know what they’re taught from birth and that is: You vote democrat no matter what

labiw67934
26 days ago
Reply to  LUIS

I am Online working with usa countries please help and open this

side…………….www.earningscoop.com

Clarence Juhl
Clarence Juhl
30 days ago

The inmates are now indeed running the asylum! God help us!

Terry
Terry
30 days ago

BLM ( Bullshit Liberal Media )

Gary J Smith
Gary J Smith
Reply to  Terry

Exalty

MarcoBob
Reply to  Terry

Right on!

Craig Murphy
Craig Murphy
30 days ago

White anything is now racist: White Christmas, white paper, whitewash, whitening agent ( such as bleach ) you can add to the list. Also, blacklist is verboten as is blackheart, black as coal and black eye.

Sondra Moylan
Sondra Moylan
30 days ago

I called my grandson when he was small, “peanut'” He is pure white, and no racial meaning was intended. Also, didn’t we have a President who was a “peanut farmer?”

Mary
Mary
Reply to  Sondra Moylan

Yes….. a Democrat!

Mary
Mary
Reply to  Sondra Moylan

So, if I say that Jesus is my Lord and Master, what do they do with that?

Jim Dahlberg
Reply to  Mary

If you are a believer you could call yourself a slave to Christ. Or if a non believer you are a slave to sin. Now the liberals now calling the bible a book of hate. There is no end to how they (democrats) want to change the meaning of our words to say what they (democrats) want them to say.

Randy
30 days ago

Turn CNN off and don’t support their advertisers, that’s the only things these folks understand.

Gerald B. Curtis
Gerald B. Curtis
25 days ago
Reply to  Randy

CNN = Certainly Negative Nuts.

John Reisz
30 days ago

Hey, I propose that the words “CNN” and “Newsworthy” do not appear together in the same sentence unless the annotation “is definitely not,” appears between them.

Steve Johnson
Steve Johnson
30 days ago

The most racist term in America today is Democrat Party. We fought them in the Civil War to free slaves. After they lost, they created the KKK. Google strange fruit billie holiday. Then they created and enforced Jim Crow Laws. They even voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Democrat Party is racist term that really needs to be eraced.

Jim Dahlberg
Reply to  Steve Johnson

Amen

Morris
Morris
30 days ago

This has gone too far, and needs to be stopped.some people are doing this to incite race relations, and it’s working.

Purple Onion
Purple Onion
30 days ago

The Communist News Network spends way too much time masterbating.

Oldshooter
Oldshooter
Reply to  Purple Onion

That was GOOD!! So if CNN can declare the word “master” to be racist then I, with the same degree of authority over language, hereby declare the complementary words “slave” and “slavery” to be equally racist. Now we ought to have some interesting discussions. For example, “We want reparations,” For what? ” Uh, well my ancestors were slaves.” Uh oh, you can’t say THAT! You are obviously a racist for using language like that!”

Clarence
Clarence
30 days ago

No more master chefs, master works, masterfully, masterminds, masterships, blackbird, blackberries, black ops., master card, black olives, masturbate, master degrees, master at arms, master of ceremonies, master race. The list goes on. CNN needs to get a life.

Alan
Alan
30 days ago

Whoever, for any reason, ever took CNN seriously needs to reconsider

Eddie Price
30 days ago

The Communist News Network strikes again! With a very limited viewership however, their thoughts are meaningless!!

Big Al 45
Big Al 45
30 days ago

LOL! Did ANYONE notice that the term “Master” was NOT listed as it pertains to a ‘Masters Degree’, as in a ‘Masters’ in the Liberal Arts, or a ‘Masters’ in Education??????
Now, we all know there a ton of Lefties with those Degrees, so what will they do about that???
Uh huh, you got it.

James
James
30 days ago

It is so stupid that I don’t even think CNN could be serious about it. I think is a trick to get Trump to tweet something dumb about CNN, which will be more publicity for them and maybe give them another arguable basis to engage in their full0-time activity — attacking Trump.

Gary
Gary
Reply to  James

They are all a bunch of lying dog-faced pony soldiers.

Mama
Mama
Reply to  Gary

Lol! ROTFLMAO!!!

Scotty
Scotty
Reply to  Gary

C’mon man, that’s not fair to dogs and ponies!

John E
30 days ago

Who made CNN the “Ministry of Truth”, I didn’t get the memo!!

John D'Angelo
John D'Angelo
30 days ago

I believe it is a deranged mind set.

LJR
LJR
30 days ago

Truly beyond comprehension! CNN continues to display itself as a network of small minded people with small minded ideas.
Time spent watching this network is time wasted.

Jojodmonkey
Jojodmonkey
30 days ago

I really love my MASTER bedroom and MASTER bathroom together they are my MASTER suite and no GRANDFATHER clause will change that! I also love watching the MASTERS Tournament in my MASTER cave, I renamed it now and I really don’t give a damn what the PEANUT GALLERY, aka mainstream media, aka communist propaganda outlets or BLDM has to say about it!

john D
john D
30 days ago

Who cares what CNN (Communist News Network) thinks? They can go to Hades as far as most Americans care.It’s time “news networks” went back to reporting the news instead of trying to make it.

Steven I Serebrenik
Steven I Serebrenik
30 days ago

Does CNN ever have a “happy” thought. Does MSDMN ever have a “happy” thought. Rhetorical questions can be so much fun.
Uh Oh…strike that word “Fun”. Must be racially dividing somehow. I wonder if there a college named FU where they graduated from?

MSG Leo
MSG Leo
30 days ago

I declare CNN stupid, unethical, and unnecessary.

Roger
Roger

so no more BLACK Friday sales

Alfred Rodino
Alfred Rodino
30 days ago

Until we stand up and say No I will not concede to your nonsense I will not cave to the cancel culture Too bad if it hurts your feelings Grow up These are the responses we should be giving and trust me we outnumber them so if we boycott the businesses that give in to these social warriors they will truly know what economic pressure is

Delaine Hilzendeger
30 days ago

They’re all in for a rude awakening. The silent majority has seen enough. Come election time. The Left is history.

Daisy
Daisy
30 days ago

CNN is an enemy of the people. It is hard to believe that anybody watches their lies and deceit. They are an arm of the Democrat party and are complicit in trying to undo this country.
Watch any country that has fallen under tyranny and you will see the same playbook was used in their downfall.

Mike Kirk
Mike Kirk
30 days ago

Once again, cnn shows that – collectively – they don’t have as much common sense nor intelligence as a small rock out in our front yard. That’s why this stupid channel is blocked from our home TVs.

Barbara Butler
Barbara Butler
30 days ago

I think CNN should lose it’s license to broadcast. I’ve never heard such garbage in my life. I’d like to see a poll taken of minority races to see what they think.

cuning
cuning
30 days ago

The Catholic church in the 1600’s made female master-bation (doing the devils worK) a punishable crime, where nuns would flogg their offending body part, to rid the devil of its possession. Will the Catholic Nun Network be hiring manly looking female punishers to keep their newsroom females from master-ing themselves to exhaustion when frustrated over what next to Blame Trump for, unautherized master-bation (devil work) will no longer be tolerated.

Richard
Richard
30 days ago

They left out the most offensive of from the list, CNN!

Richard
Richard
30 days ago

And the most racist I might add.

J. Yvonne B. Irish
30 days ago

Anyone read The Giver? Next thing you know we’ll all have the identical dinner delivered to our doors!!
CNN is not in charge!! Stop agreeing with their ideas and insanity!! Just STOP!!

Jerry
Jerry

No more talk Burn CNN to the ground

Donna
29 days ago

Just idiots with too much time on there hands!

Stephen Russell
Stephen Russell

Id add these 2:

Headmaster.
Lead X YZ
Lead Person
Slave Drive
Rigged
Chosen.
Senior X YZ
Coach

Annabel
Annabel
29 days ago

When I first came to this country in the late 60’s I found my English language somewhat different here….so innocently I asked why do Americans not speak American? It seemed logical to me at the time then we all would realize that there was a difference so as not to make any faux pas. Well, you should have heard the outrage that caused. No-one it seemed wanted to call what they speak “American”. That has always puzzled me and all the more now with CNN trying to change the language I really do wish Americans would speak American and leave the language of my birth alone because at this age folks I ‘ain’t gonna’ change and God help ANYONE who tries to make me.

roach13
roach13
29 days ago

OK A MASTER DEGREE at the university is now a ‘racist’ degree. Boundless absurdity!

Ann
Ann
29 days ago

Who told CNN that they can tell the nation what words to use” this network is so left wing, they lie about everything and anyone that watches them and believes anything they say is crazy. I am so sick of this cancel culture and their idiotic ideas. Hopefully people will go and vote in November, Biden will be gone!

steve
steve
25 days ago
Reply to  Ann

better yet–the democrats will be gone and we will take antifa and blm to the woodshed
and burn it down with then inside-

Paul G. Hoefler
29 days ago

I have a master’s degree which states that I have “mastered” the discipline for which the degree was awarded. What does CNN suggest I call the degree?

Realhuman
Realhuman
29 days ago

CNN is not the master of all evil!

Realhuman
Realhuman

My comment above should have read: CNN IS the Master of all evil! Sorry, typo

Quentin Holt, Deplorable Thought Criminal
Quentin Holt, Deplorable Thought Criminal
29 days ago

The way that I learned for to speak and to write in the 1950’s is not problematic. It is the Clinton News Network (CNN) that is problematic. Orwellian Newspeak is not my language. Political Correctness is not my religion. Left-wing fascist tyranny is not my politics. CCN propaganda is not my news source.

hogwat
hogwat
29 days ago

Is CNN sniffing each others unwiped butts? These people are so screwed up, they have got to have brain damage, that keeps getting worse daily. It is entertaining, though!!!!

Common Sense
Common Sense
29 days ago

I agree with the ones who commented above. Who does CNN think they are to tell the rest of us what words we can use and what words we can’t use. I think the letters CNN and words Democratic Party are racist. So lets get rid of both of them.

Recce1
Recce1
29 days ago

So the CNN PEANUT GALLERY wants to ban our GRANDFATHERING terms like MASTER bedrooms and bathrooms? Do they have any replacement suggestions?

Would it be that the BLACKS are the MAJORITY as whites are devils who don’t count, that white GRANDFATHERS must be terminated so BLACKS can be the MASTERS of the USSA?

D
D
29 days ago

How about “Master’s Degree”? “Bachelor’s Degree”?

OleDad
OleDad
29 days ago

I can ignore CNN, the NYT, the WaPo, MSNBC, and NPR. But I can’t ignore idiot Republicans who are now trying to “get ahead of the curve” and be even more outrageous than Democrats. Senator Braun (R-IN) proposing a bill to make it easier for rioters to sue police doing their jobs? Nuts!
Two Republican senators proposing a bill to replace Columbus Day with Juneteeneth as National Holidays?
Republicans hiding under their desks or trying to appear “woke” when they should be standing shoulder to shoulder with Donald Trump in defense of our great country. Republicans need to listen more to Candace Owens, and Thomas Sowell, and Allen West, and Bob Woodson and less to Marxist revolutionaries AOC, Tlaib, Omar, Pressley, Waters, and DeBlasio.
Trump Derangement Syndrome has ripped the mask off the Cultural Revolution, propelled by Communists since 1921, aimed at **destroying America** (“Burn it to the ground!”). And Democrats applaud them, supposing they can pick up the pieces after they bully their way into power. (How has that worked for Chicago, Atlanta, Detroit, LA, Portland, Seattle, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans. . . . . . .? Third world cities, all of them.)
“Whom the gods would destroy, they first make insane.”
We see it before our very eyes.

Neri Blas
Neri Blas

Master-fully Done!

Howard Seaton
Howard Seaton
29 days ago

Give me a break. I think this train has run out of tracks.

CountryBoy
CountryBoy
29 days ago

I think that they should include the words “CNN” and “MSNBC” and “DEMOCRAT” as Racist….

N A