Rex Hammock from USA via Wikimedia Commons

Neil Cavuto warned millions of Fox News viewers after President Trump said he’s taking hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), an anti-malarial drug the FDA has cautioned against using outside of clinical trials or emergency use for specific patients because of the risk of severe heart problems.

WATCH:

Mediaite further reports:

At one point the president asked “what have you got to lose,” but as Cavuto said, “A number of studies, those certainly vulnerable in the population have one thing to lose, their lives. A VA study showed that among a population of veterans in a hospital receiving this treatment, those with vulnerable conditions, respiratory conditions, heart elements, they died.”

Cavuto read from a number of other studies about the effects of hydroxychloroquine and said, “Those who took it, in a vulnerable population, including those with respiratory or other conditions, they died. I want to stress again — they died. If you are in a risky population here and you are taking this as a preventative treatment to ward off the virus or, in a worst-case scenario, you are dealing with the virus, and you are in this vulnerable population, it will kill you. I cannot stress that enough. This will kill you.”

While some pundits are skeptical of the president’s claim, Trump said he’s taken HCQ for the last ten days or so, which coincides with the news of his valet and Vice President Pence’s press secretary testing positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

Following Cavuto’s plea, President Trump wasted little time returning fire by retweeting posts critical of the host — leaving no one to ponder how he felt.

SEE ALSO: Rumors Persist That Hannity Will Jump Ship

The White House also released a memorandum from the president’s physician Sean Conley explaining that Trump and Conley discussed the benefits and risks of taking HCQ. The Hill explains:

But the letter contained no specifics on when Trump started taking the drug or what dosage he is taking.

“In consultation with our inter-agency partners and subject matter experts around the country, I continue to monitor the myriad studies investigating potential COVID-19 therapies, and I anticipate employing the same shared medical decision making based on the evidence at hand in the future,” Conley wrote.

READ NEXT: Disgusted Fox News Reporter Leaves Network >>

HELP Expose the TRUTH About Creepy Joe Biden

Donna J Miller
2 years ago

Praying for wise decisions in this whole world of uncertainty. I don’t think this will be
posted, as am of another political party, however three children in the medical field
and no one should judge what another person takes with consultation with their personal
physician. Quick to judge seems to be the “voice of the day!” Took Cavuto about two minutes
to attack Trump so we readers are used to the two sides of our world today. Hoping always
for kindness and graciousness and EXACT INFORMATION FROM OUR NEWS PEOPLE WITHOUT
BIAS. May our nation soon be free of this nasty virus that was dropped on our nation
intentionally.

A. D Roberts
2 years ago
Reply to  Donna J Miller

Just exactly how smart is Neal if he quotes from a study by the VA? I have had decades of direct contact with the VA from family members including some who worked there. They all say “It is a good place to die”. Lots of staff sleep all night long. No real nursing. And no reason to believe it has changed.
So what is the record of Neal Cavuto? I say that he has been consistent. He consistently opposes and maligns Trump. He would make a good Democrat these days.
Would I take the quinine drug? You bet, if I were sick with corona. It is as good as the other stuff from “professionals” who have VESTED INTEREST.
And now we can demand that Neal Cavuto explain why Trump is not dead. It does not take much intelligence to criticize the most successful president in history. All you have to be is AS SMART AS A DEMOCRAT.

Randie
Randie
2 years ago
Reply to  A. D Roberts

It’s not quinine, singular.
Hydroxychloroquine with a Z Pak and Zinc.

A. D Roberts
2 years ago
Reply to  Randie

Get this. I DON;’T CARE. I don’t care how it is spelled. I DO care about a bunch of jerks like Cavuto ==== Ca-ROT–O who are not concerned with NEWS but are fully charged by Soros and Obama to “GET TRUMP”.
Now I am a LUCKY DUDE. I don’t watch Ca-ROT-O and don’t have to bother figuring out where his attacks are coming from.
GOTCHA.

BooDaddy
BooDaddy
2 years ago
Reply to  A. D Roberts

DITTO!

A. D Roberts
2 years ago
Reply to  Donna J Miller

You might consider the statement from my friend who retired from charge nurse in a CCU. He said corona is a cold on steroids. The record is clear. Of those who get it 10 out of 20 get over it without any medical help. The record also shows that a lot of areas have been told to count all deaths as being from corona. That is why some areas have such a high death rate while others —– not so much.
Testing? What good. If they say you have it but you have no symptoms, are you going to stay home or assume a false positive. Plenty of them. If they say you don’t have it but you have symptoms, are you NOT going to stay home or NOT go to the hospital if you are bad sick?
The masks they are demanding we wear? They are not to protect US. They are to protect others from getting the virus IF we are infected but without symptoms. That is that we really are not sick but have a FALSE POSITIVE. So what good are the tests. Take it today and you are negative. Two days from now, you are in the hospital. The tests are for the Democrats who are desperate to keep the economy shut down. They would sacrifice the welfare of hundreds of thousands by starvation in order to hurt the economy and get Trump voted out in November.
Heros fight to save the nation. Democrats fight to destroy it.

Don
Don
1 year ago
Reply to  A. D Roberts

Well said and Cavuto needs to shut up. HCQ has been around for 65 years and millions have taken it without an issue and Trump did so under doctor’s care and Cavuto isn’t qualified to give an aspirin.

Kathie B
1 year ago
Reply to  Don

Is Cavuto following is Shepherd Smith’s foot steps? I could watch CNN or MSNBC if I wanted his slant. His supposed “expert” was a real jerk.

Fox is getting more and more “progressives” in their lineup. Fair and Balanced they aren’t. Juan Williams, Donna Brazil’s, Arthel Newell, and Chris Wallace are among the worse. What’s happening to the only platform I used to watch. I can take the liberals but only if they are reasonable. Juan’s faces and eye rolls will match Those from any teenager.

Dan Winright
Dan Winright
2 years ago
Reply to  Donna J Miller

The virus is the MEDIA!

dovoy57406
dovoy57406
2 years ago

My last month’s online earning was $17930 just by doing an easy job online. Easiest home based online job to earn extra dollars every month just by doing work for maximum 2 to 3 hrs a day. I have joined this job about 3 months ago and  in my first month i have made $12k+ easily without any special online experience. Everybody on this earth can get this job today and start making cash online by just follow details on this website………
HERE══════►►►  Read MoRe

Tom
Tom
2 years ago

Cavuto went psycho three years ago. It occurred either because he is getting a second paycheck from Soros or his name was one of those whose secrets were released from the NSA by the Obama gestapo.

Wanda Graham
1 year ago
Reply to  Tom

Thinking maybe Cavito is auditioning for a CNN job. That’s why I love OAN News. So much better than Fox!

Geoffrey Bramhall
Geoffrey Bramhall
1 year ago
Reply to  Wanda Graham

You said what I was thinking of saying! In all honesty to Cavuto, I suspect he was thinking of people who self medicate and do not seek a qualified doctor’s advice as I suspect Trump did. The guy who drank fish tank cleaner also comes to mind. He (Cavuto) might better spend his time informing people on the many dangers of marijuana usage. That drug is not nearly as well studied and has dangers to our youth that are
blindly disregarded by the proponents of the weed.