Tuesday, August 4, 2020

California Governor Gavin Newsom Continues to Praise Trump

It’s no secret that Governor Gavin Newsom (D-CA) and President Donald Trump have had their differences.

The Golden State’s chief executive is involved with at least 68 politically-charged lawsuits against the president.

However, there is one critical area where he is praising the commander-in-chief’s actions, and not just in private.

Mediaite’s Leia Idliby reports:

Governor Gavin Newsom (D-CA) called Donald Trump’s coronavirus response “proactive” on The View after host Joy Behar questioned him on their new positive relationship, specifically asking if he’s kissing the president’s ring to avoid retribution.

“Governor, it’s no secret that you’ve had a combative relationship with Trump in the past, but lately, you’ve been praising him for the help he’s giving. Of course, you have to, because look at how he treats governors who don’t kiss his ring,” Behar said. “The governor of Washington, the governor of Michigan, he said they were not appreciative and told Mike Pence, ‘don’t call them back.’ Do you feel like you have to feed this guy’s ego to get the respirators, to get the PPEs, is that what’s going on?”

While Newsom reiterated his differences with Trump, he made clear that his collaboration with the administration has been productive.

“All I can say is that, from my perspective, the relationship has been strong,” Newsom said. “I’m not doing it to kiss the ring, I’m not doing it in a way, you know, — I’m just being forthright with the president. He returns calls, he reaches out, he’s been proactive.”

Explore our interactive COVID-19 map below to learn about the latest updates from every state!

AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT DE FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NV NH NJ NM NY NC ND OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY DC

Do You Still Stand With Trump? [TELL US NOW]

41 COMMENTS

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Keith C. Haas

I have no clue how people can watch The View without vomiting. Seemingly set in pace and narrative by Behar and Goldberg the factor of sound reasoning apparently doesn’t exist , or lays somewhere on the cutting room floor. The very few times I attempted to watch it, it completely defied any logic and was nauseating to my sense of reason. I would rather perch myself on top of a cactus and have a flock of buzzards circle while taking turns to read themselves of their droppings on me than watch these over the hill hens spew their lies and trash talk with such predictable ignorance.

Jim
Jim
Reply to  Keith C. Haas

Right On!! WHEN are these DEMORAT HAGS going to DO what they said and MOVE their Carcasses OUT of the USA!!?? GOOD RIDDANCE!!

Robert H Steele
Reply to  Jim

They talk the game but don’t play the game.

A. D Roberts
Reply to  Jim

Just how much damage to the economy is the worth of a few lives? It was not worth this kind of action for FLU?????
so what is the difference? I will tell you. GETTING THE ECONOMY in order to get Trump

DetroitDom
DetroitDom
Reply to  A. D Roberts

AD – you and I have had some wonderful discussion; glad to see you posting again, and I hope your family is safe.

Yes the economy is being hit hard by this, but so is the economy of the globe. Remember, if USA is hurting, they hurt worse!! As for a few lives, the Chinese numbers are false! I guarantee that millions will have died (reported or not) from this COVID.

Let’s pray the quarantine provides our medical facilities time to obtain PPEs and equipment needed, as well as, successful meds and treatment to combat this. I had a dear friend of mine die because of this crap – it’s not just a few lives.

Moe
Reply to  DetroitDom

Another welcomed common sense comment by upon logic. China is full of shit always has been always will be. This wake call Trump gave us three years ago make it here not in China or do not be allowed to see it here. No more illegal entry undocumented assholes put our families first And most all dear God Screw over the communist pieces of shit congress member democrats royally.

A. D Roberts
Reply to  DetroitDom

Sorry but the real solution is the same as the flu. Let it run its course. Treat as many as you can with respirators. And get over Trump recommending drugs out of their approved scope. Yes, I like you too. This time see that the words used when they started to quarantine was to slow the spread so the hospitals would not be overrun. Fact is, most people are going to get it. Bad for me. I am 71, diabetic and heart trouble. God is faithful. Ready to die.

Junius
Junius
Reply to  A. D Roberts

You are correct, this is just a communist / Democrat plan to destroy Freedom and America!

Terry
Terry
Reply to  Keith C. Haas

Couldn’t have said it better! Spot on.

Ollie Octopus
Ollie Octopus
Reply to  Keith C. Haas

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Now I feel better.

Helga
Reply to  Keith C. Haas

I have watched that show when Bawa Walters was on so many years ago! Stopped watching it but I keep hearing about these witches spewing hatred and I would never watch it again!

Schnep
Reply to  Keith C. Haas

My sentiments exactly. The View lacks in common sense and normalcy. If a Conservative comes on the show either gets shouted out or bad mouthed. I hear that at Gitmo that it’s mandatory for the Muslims to watch it 24/7. The ones driven crazy are released which shows that they become normal. The rest are rebooked until they see the light.
Whoopi and Joy are pitiful at best, may they get what they deserve, and that is all of Joe Biden’s gaffs over the past forty years.
May the bitches skeletons see the light of day for everyone to see.

Barbara Mannisi
Barbara Mannisi
Reply to  Schnep

They are so awful! And they contend THe View is a viable news program.
Its a program alright with screaming, yelling, nasty women.

P Street
P Street

Well Said and I agree completely.

Dennis L Ruffin

Who, with an I.Q. # above room temperature, could possibly care what that bimbo, Joy Behar, says, thinks or does?

DetroitDom
DetroitDom

Others with room temp IQs who vote for the likes of Hillary. Just providing answer to your question.

Dan Winright
Dan Winright

Isnt Newsom Pelosis nephew? He’s most likely squealing from his butt.

Bruce Pestell
Bruce Pestell
Reply to  Dan Winright

Here is a linkcomment image?fit=940%2C529

Cal
Cal
Reply to  Dan Winright

Son in law

Steven Crosby
Steven Crosby

Got to be the dumbest women ever assembled on a TV show. Bunch of idiots wit no common sense

americawakeupnow

Does anybody really watch “The View”?!!!! Yeah a bunch of NPC’s!!!!

LeeLee
LeeLee

He’s still an ass, he’s giving illegal immigrants loans which are spose to b for American citizens!!

LLD

They should be called “The Not View”.
Dumb and dumber makes more sense.
Revolting. Confirms my commitment to NEVER again vote for any Democrat.

Lisa
Lisa

Joy Behar is such a disgusting pig, nothing but miserable all the time. I thought she promised to leave the country? Liberals lying is all they know to do.

DetroitDom
DetroitDom
Reply to  Lisa

Send Joy to China for an in-depth report on virus.

Bill Q
Bill Q

J Blowhard is a bigmouth pile of crap and he is a ass kissing Liberal that = snake in the grass I just got an email that said he is now using the virus to push the progressive agenda that wants to control guns, healthcare and people so don’t believe a word if the BS from him or her

Truckman
Truckman

I could not watch that show if I had to cannot understand how or why anybody would watch that garbage show

Walkin O'Shea

It’s too bad that fools like Behar can’t get it through their thick heads that the President is not just a few people’s President, he’s everybody’s President, including her. We’re all tired of her ongoing swill.

Rose

I absolutely can not believe she can be on the air as mean spirited, demonic & hateful as Joy Behar, whose name does not match the woman at all! She disgusts me in every way, looking at her or hearing her voice makes me believe she needs a good exorcist to relieve her of her own thinking! The devil does not even have to work for her. She has sold her soul a long, long time ago! We really need to pray for she & Whoopi. They are kindred spirits & headed for Hades! God help us all if people believe the poison that comes out of them!!! Pray without ceasing!!!

Rose

I have to say, though, I also feel the same about many of the Democrats in Congress, the Senate & in Hollywood! To name a few, Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, Barbara Streisand, Bette Midler, (most of Hollywood) Hillary Clinton, are all demonic women working straight from the devil’s playbook! They are frightening old hags who need to get the heck out of our country! They are all Traitors! Omar, Tlaib, AOC all crave attention & also need a boat to send them to the communist country of their choice! Get the heck out of my country & leave us alone! Omar is too stupid to admit we/US military saved her & her family’s ass from death due to communism in her own country of Somolia! Send her back, please, & all the others with her!!! God save the USA from vermin such as these!!!

KATHY CORONA

I always feel.like people watch CNN for politics and regular networks for entertainment. The two dont mix and shouldnt.
I also wonder how an actress, TV celebrity, is considered a political pundit. They are very biased and no more Informed than the guy on the street

DisplayGuy
DisplayGuy

My bet he is “moderating” because he sees a large block of democrap voters resisting the hard move to the left. Doubt he has really changed his motives.

Cal
Cal

I signed the petition to have Gov. gruesome removed from office. He is a weed farmer. Nothing more.

jsa
jsa
Reply to  Cal

Please post that link…I too want him out! Thanks

Gerry
Gerry

If this SOB newsom opens his mouth he’s lying or spewing nothing but garbage !!!! He is a hypocrite, corrupt POS. Don’t believe one word he says.

Denarius
Denarius

When you look at Whoopee Goldberg, you have to ask yourself:
Why are democrats all so ugly and dirty-looking ?

Don
Don

I have no use nor bother to listen to the clown. i don’t care either how far he takes Mexifornia into the toilet. That would hurt some goo people but they DO have the option of getting out BEFORE he finishes his damage.

Stephen Salmas

It’s More Like The Screw’. Twisted In ‘ When Your In Favor Of Our Great President Trump’.
The Panel’. Is More A Group Of Antagonist’s. It’s Not Healthy’. Positive Or Favoring Our Beautiful Country’. Their A Perfect Example Of Breaking Down’. Not Coming Together’.
Right Now’. Or Ever’.

Sirdirkfan
Sirdirkfan

Newsom is a very influential politician – he’s actually going against the views of his Aunt Nancy Pelosi and has made it clear that Govinski, the one who wants to have Trump declared a murderer of Americans at The Hague b/c of the COVID-19, is already a failed political attorney !!! – he should’ve just joined those other failed attorneys with their ‘800’ numbers who advertise all the time but now they won’t even want him !

Nr
Nr

Bella Pelosi, better known as Dracula. Sneaked in a 1 billion Dollar funding for Plan Parenthood (The abortion factory) in the Coronavirus bill. Never let a crisis go to waste is one of the Demoncrat 10 Satanic Commandments.

Wuhan Virus Bioweapon AKA: China Virus, Coronavirus weaponized by China and their treasonous Godless demoncratic Commie party and cohorts the fake media, academia, Hollywood, Millennials…to crash the greatest US economy ever! And to take down the greatest president ever, President Trump!! Keep up the great work President Trump! 2020 and beyond! From the Patriots of a Commie Demoncrat free America!

Justsaying

At one time Whoopie Goldberg was pretty entertaining in some of her movies.Since she joined the View she has become ugly mouthed vicious and disgusting. Who in the heck watches this show to have it on air so long

People, Places & Things

- Advertisment -

Must Read

De Blasio’s Negligence Exposed by Exiting Health Commissioner

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's response to the coronavirus pandemic has been rife with controversy.  Unheeded warnings in the Big Apple hindered city...

TAKE OUR POLL