Photo by Gage Skidmore

During a Friday press briefing South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem declared that any attempt to make citizens ‘double mask’ would be dead on arrival in South Dakota.

Officials from the Biden Administration have recently suggested that Americans may need to wear two mask in order to more effectively stop the spread of Coronavirus.

During the briefing Noem dramatically clashed with a reporter over the proposed mandate.

As The Daily Wire reports:

Speaking at a press briefing on Thursday, South Dakota GOP governor Kristi Noem shot down the idea of implementing a mandate that people wear a second mask, asserting, “That’s not what America’s about; that’s not what South Dakota is about.”…

Noem also pointed out that the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has changed its recommendations, countering, “I choose to rely on science and data and facts. And masks can work in certain situations if you’re wearing the right kind and if you’re doing it appropriately, but I’m not going to mandate it.”

At the briefing, a reporter asked, “You’ve been resistant to implement mask mandates; you’re skeptical of their efficacy —”

Noem fired back, “I never said that, Joe. Don’t put words in my mouth. What I’ve said is the appropriate mask at the appropriate time, utilized correctly and kept sanitary can make a difference, but I also don’t believe it’s my role to mandate that people wear a mask. I’ve left, for the entire year, it up to personal responsibility to make the best decision for them and their families, and I’ll continue to do that.”

Noem went on to point out that the CDC has repeatedly changed its guidelines, seemingly on a whim, continuously over the past year and that shaming people who decide not to wear masks simply isn’t an American thing to do.

marnie
marnie

She is exactly right. wish she were governor of Washington. We have a dictator.

Dan Winright
Dan Winright
Reply to  marnie

Make your Governor a tater total

Doug T
Doug T
Reply to  marnie

Come join me in NY…I’ll give you an intro to Commie 101. I wish she was ours too!

Dan Tyree
Dan Tyree
Reply to  Doug T

We have a commiecrat governor in my state but so far he’s not been as bad as some. But I didn’t vote for him. He’s in his second term so I won’t be surprised if he nose dives since he can’t run for a third term.

Bev
Bev
Reply to  marnie

Amen

john
john
Reply to  marnie

Ohio is worse . No ADA exemptions

Yellowbud
Yellowbud
Reply to  john

DeSlime is a RINO. We will be wearing 5 masks if the gov’t says so.

Jim
Jim
Reply to  marnie

I wish she was president, we have a moron.

Anne Mclaughlin
Anne Mclaughlin
Reply to  Jim

No, that would amount to a quantum leap forward in Joe,s case. Try amaourotic familial idiocy .

pasogal
pasogal
Reply to  marnie

You can have my gov Newscum. Spoiled, entitled brat!

Patricia
Patricia

If these idiots who obviously knows nothing, think me and my family are going to destroy our health and lungs breathing in our own co2 they are crazy! They have no clue about how the human body works and to even suggest we wear 1 is stupid let alone 2?! And if people would read what they tell you on the box of those things, it will tell you it does not protect from any virus! But I guess they know this and are hoping people will be stupid enough to do this at the cost of their health even life! I will say the same thing these libtards say “My body, my choice!”

bob
bob
Reply to  Patricia

you are exactly correct. I have two friends in the medical field that told me when they were forced to wear the shield they had a variety of nauseating symptoms from breathing in the spent air. When they quit the shield, they feel better now.

Salvatore Tuccio
Salvatore Tuccio
Reply to  bob

If you have COPD like I have wearing a mask over your nose and mouth makes my ability to breath comfortably very difficult. Then breathing in what CO2 does not escape the mask makes things twice as bad. So I wear a plastic shield that fits over my glasses and makes it much easer to breath. My point is the government believes that one tool the support should be good for everyone. When you think about the CDC would you think they would take illness such as mine or yours into consideration when making recommendation as to what mask you should wear and how many? Personally I do not think they care and are just a political organization.

Bev
Bev
Reply to  Patricia

When your head is up your ass as theirs is…what can you expect?

Old
Old
Reply to  Bev

The only person with the rectal disorder you describe is you and the idiot you probably voted to be your president.

Jim
Jim
Reply to  Patricia

You must listen to Dr Falsey.

Hoss
Hoss
Reply to  Patricia

Amen Patricia..haven’t worn one yet…don’t own one…love freedom…hate fraud Fauci and his “flu”

Nancy Stefanski
Nancy Stefanski

Very excellent, Governor Noem. Check out the peaceful ‘COMMENTS’ section. The Governor has created a pocket of calm in the storm. Funny how easy that is.