Wikimedia Commons, by United States Congress

Democrats in the House, in an unprecedented and highly contentious move, have just voted, by a razor thin margin along partisan lines, to strip GOP Representative Majorie Taylor Greene of all committee assignments over her alleged support for “conspiracy theories” and threats of violence against Democrats.

As the Wall Street Journal reports, earlier in the day Greene gave a speech on the floor of the House distancing herself from her many of her prior comments saying she regretted making them:

In a speech on the House floor Thursday, Mrs. Greene said she regretted posts she made about QAnon, the far right-wing, loosely organized network and community of believers who embrace a range of unsubstantiated beliefs. Mrs. Greene said she realized in 2018 that she was receiving misinformation and stopped believing it.

“I was allowed to believe things that weren’t true and I would ask questions about them and talk about them and that is absolutely what I regret,” she said Thursday, wearing a “Free Speech” mask. “If it weren’t for the Facebook posts and comments that I liked in 2018, I wouldn’t be standing here today and you couldn’t point a finger and accuse me of anything wrong, because I’ve lived a very good life that I’m proud of.”

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R., Calif.) opted Wednesday not to remove Mrs. Greene from her committees over her incendiary past comments, but urged her to publicly denounce them. Democrats said they would hold a vote to kick her off unless Republicans acted first.

*editor’s note: The motion passed as of 4:34pm was to advance the motion to strip Greene of her committee assignment, the final vote has yet to be technically cast, but is expected to pass along similar lines

Dan Winright
Dan Winright

AMERICA LUVS MARGIE

Virginia
Virginia

Yet another !!!! If you disagree with Nancy and her “buddies” you must go !!! The jerk sleeping with the Chinese Spy and allowing her to staff his off …. OH THAT IS NOT SEEN AS A PROBLEM and he kept his high security job .. Per Nancy’s blessings !!! THIS NASTY witch has too much power !!!!!

Mary Ann
Mary Ann
Reply to  Virginia

You are so right they have all the power and all the dirty tricks they do but they also have to keep going after every Republican so it will take away what’s going on with them. I also thought Republicans that are rhinos and speak out about sides of their mouth I know who I will support and right now there’s not very many left I need to Congress or the Senate

Mary
Mary
Reply to  Virginia

I guess Omar On foreign committee, and the squad, new BLM founder Cori Bush. In Congress dont bother them Nancy and Maxine etc. what hypocrisy.

Dorothy Sheldon
Dorothy Sheldon
Reply to  Virginia

How about the actual threat that Sen. Schumer gave to the Supreme Court judges Kavanaugh and Gorsuch and told them in so man words, that he is coming to get them and they need to watch out. I think that was a real threat by the Senator, and he should have been removed from office. Or Maxine Waters telling a bunch of people to go after all Trump people. Those are terrible threats.

Salvatore Tuccio
Salvatore Tuccio

What a bunch of BS. Erick Sowall Slept with a Chinees spy and that is ok. He is promoted to impeachment manager, and head of the security in the house. What possible could go wrong with that?

Mikey
Mikey

Different set of rules for the GOP.

Herbert G. Chapman
Herbert G. Chapman

Looks like Sowall fail to do his job at the Capital Building.

Mary Ann
Mary Ann

Exactly and they’re again what do our Republicans do I’m afraid they’re got something on all of them and I know that’s how Pelosi works with the fake news.

Teri
Teri

Swallwell was put on this committee strictly for spite. Pelosi wouldn’t dare take him off. Would be nice if someone was in office that would do their job rather than play little childish games. Sound like a lot of Dems are in the habit of spite work and apparently quite a few Repubs. Wouldn’t it be nice if adults started acting like adults. Swallwell should be hanging his head in shame along with many others.

Terry Merritt