Fed Pummels De Blasio After Illegal Immigrant's Heinous Act

  • 01/15/2020 12:00 AM
  • Source: AAN
  • by: AAN Staff
Fed Pummels De Blasio After Illegal Immigrant's Heinous Act
At least one federal official is blaming New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's "sanctuary policies" for the murder of a 92-year-old Queens woman by an illegal immigrant.

De Blasio's policies made the immigrant's release from local custody after being arrested on assault and weapon charges inevitable. 

Thomas Decker, a New York director for enforcement and removal operations for ICE, blasted America's most prominent mayor, stating:

It is made clear that New York City’s stance against honoring detainers is dangerously flawed. It was a deadly choice to release a man on an active ICE detainer back onto the streets after his first arrest included assault and weapon charges, and he now faces new charges, including murder. New York City’s sanctuary policies continue to threaten the safety of all residents of the five boroughs, as they repeatedly protect criminal aliens who show little regard for the laws of this nation.

In New York City alone, hundreds of arrestees are released each month with pending charges and/or convictions to return back into the communities where they committed their crimes, instead of being transferred into the custody of ICE. Clearly the politicians care more about criminal illegal aliens than the citizens they are elected to serve and protect.

The Daily Wire further reports:

On November 27, Reeaz Khan, 21, an illegal immigrant from Guyana, was arrested for allegedly slashing his father with a broken ceramic mug, prompting ICE to initiate a detainer request; Khan was charged with misdemeanor assault, criminal possession of a weapon and harassment, and released without bail after being slapped with a temporary order of protection for his dad, as The New York Post reported.

On January 10, Khan was arrested for the sexual abuse and murder of Maria Fuertes, 92; Fuertes was found near death on a Richmond Hill sidewalk in the early morning of Jan. 6. The Post noted, “Fuertes had been lying in the 32-degree weather for about two hours after being sexually assaulted and strangled, law-enforcement sources have said.” Fuertes later died at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, having suffered a broken spine and rib fractures. Khan was charged with murder, sexual abuse, contact by forcible compulsion, and sexual abuse against a person incapable of consent.

 Source: AAN
Tags: Issues: Immigration, Crime, AAN Exclusive; Categories:

People, Places & Things

Article Index