Accused Illegal Immigrant Rapist Released

  • 08/20/2019 12:00 AM
  • Source: AAN
  • by: AAN Staff
Maryland authorities released an accused rapist and illegal immigrant three days after being arrested – despite a request from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to keep the alleged perpetrator in custody.

Fox News' Travis Fedschun has more:
 

Rodrigo Castro-Montejo, a Salvadoran national in the country illegally, was arrested Aug. 10 on charges of second-degree rape and second-degree assault. The 25-year-old allegedly assaulted a female friend after a night of heavy drinking, according to court documents obtained by FOX5.

During the investigation, police said they monitored the woman while she was at a local hospital. At one point she conversed with Castro-Montejo via text message and he allegedly admitted to the assault.

The woman reportedly asked Castro-Montejo in the messages if he stopped at touching her or went further and engaged in sexual intercourse. Castro Montejoto allegedly replied "Oo a little bit of both to be honest" and "I'm sorry," according to court documents obtained by WJLA.

 

On Aug. 12, ICE said it filed a detainer with the Montgomery County Detention Center to hold the 25-year-old for up to 48 hours so immigration officers could travel to the lockup and take him into custody. But federal officials said the jail declined to honor the detainer, and let Castro-Montejo walk out of jail Aug. 13 after he posted bond.


Montgomery County designated itself a sanctuary jurisdiction last month.

Castro-Montejo's next court date is Sep. 6.
 Source: AAN
Tags: Issues: Crime, AAN Exclusive; Categories:

People, Places & Things

Article Index