Weinstein Accuser, Fox Star Demoted For Speaking Out
Sivan says her career took a nosedive after she came forward last year – along with dozens of women – to accuse the disgraced Hollywood mogul of sexual misconduct.
Itay Hod at The Wrap reports:
Sivan told TheWrap in an exclusive interview that she was stunned by her treatment at the station after her bombshell account that Weinstein masturbated into a plant in front of her at a restaurant in New York City in 2007. “I just felt like the station that I put my heart and soul into for seven years just used it as an excuse to get rid of me,” she said.
The veteran broadcaster said she worked three shifts per week for Fox 11, covering a variety of stories — until HuffPost published her account. In the nine months since then, Sivan said she has worked a total of six shifts at Fox 11 — her last time appearing on air was February 20.
She said the station called three more times since then asking her to fill-in last minute, which she was unable to do. She provided a screen grab of a text she said was sent from her assignment manager at 1:21 p.m. on May 15, asking if she could work at 3 p.m. later that day. “I was definitely the last person they called,” Sivan said.
Neither a spokesman for KTTV nor news director Kris Knutsen responded to repeated requests for comment.
The then 300 pound Weinstein allegedly held Sivan against her will in a discreet corner of a Manhattan restaurant during the disgusting and pathetic stunt.